Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im still bafffled at the sheer expense of a sw tank when someone buys all the "perfect" equipment. Could you imagine the cost of a 125,stand, hood, premade aump, 150 lbs of argonite sand, 150ish lbs of lr.... Thats an insane amount of money

its hard enough stomaching 50lbs of lr at one shot.

Hahaha I could see it now
Hey hun we got 700 bucks saved up for our sw tank....
Well looks like we can afford a 5g pico ...

I have a nice pico I'm selling for $60 bucks. :) With all the extras I bought too, :)

Just throwing that out there for you local florida people. LOL

LOL I made it it's own thread but here it is:

It;s long, so sorry bout that...but you get to hear my commentary and I kept it clean this time. :)

003 - YouTube

Wow!!! Very nice. At the end when you were showing the refrigerator I was expecting to see you open the doors wide and find that it is really a tank full of fish and corals. LOL

Hmm theres an idea for the coldwater species. LOL

Just think, you could keep a few penguins around too? Have your own little "Happy Feet". LOL Good lord, we went from 2 - 120 gal tied together to refrigerator tanks all in one day. LOL

Just think, you could keep a few penguins around too? Have your own little "Happy Feet". LOL Good lord, we went from 2 - 120 gal tied together to refrigerator tanks all in one day. LOL

Of course, if you get the penguins you would have to loose the ice maker. You need at least a 6' long..... Oh wait a minute, I am mixing up threads again. hehehehehehe

Pengiuns like it too cold anyways. I HATE the cold. lol I';m always cold and I live in Florida for petes sake. hehe

rdnelson99 said:

Just think of all the "Tang" you could keep in that thing.

Whats sad is I kept my dead tnags a few months ago in the freezer cause they were too big to flush and I wanted to wait for garbage day. :-( No frozen tangs for me.

Ok so u say u have no more room. But I saw a few places for sone big tanks in there.

First. Put a sheet over the window and u can go 200+ gal in there. Or make the boyfriend move his stuff there and then u have that big section of wall.

The 55 u r selling. Looks like u can just fit a 125 on there. Might stick out just a pinch in the door.

On top of the refrigerator can go the bio. Now u can always go bigger were the bio is now.

I can keep going. Just trying to help.

I'm aiming for a 90g or a 120g where the 55g is now. :) Then if I consider an upgrade on the 125g reef I may go with the 220 at most. Still tossing that idea around. lol

And I;m thinking of selling the community tank which would free up some more room in front of the window where my rimless is now.

Can't oust the b/f outta his space, not gonna happen. We both spend the majority of our time on our computers so they gotta stay where they are.

We have two spare bedrooms but we've sworn not to use those for fish. One is setup as a guest room for my mom and has maybe room for a 55g in it. The other is full of junk and unused furniture. (we just moved in not too long ago) and theres no wall room in there really, maybe enough for a 55g or a corner setup.

I am thinking about adding a betta tank to the bathroom even. :) LOL

But then i woudlnt see it that much. Part of the reason I have so many tanks is I like to constantly watch the fish.

Saw a post a while back where a guy was working on how to turn his pool into a reef tank so he could scuba in it. LOL How big is your yard Carey?????

Back
Top Bottom