Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carey when you get the anthias, aren't you afraid it will die quicker in the qt than it might in the dt? Plus, personally I would get the fish in two shipments and add them slowly over time. It might coat twice for shipping but it's a safer option. That's just me though and that experience comes from freshwater tanks

Thanks for all the replies! I'm still sorting it out in my head so I have no idea what to do. lol

I really really want to get the 90g up and running but I also would love to finish the stocking of this 125g. :)

I also havent thought about overstocking....If I add 6 fish then I will have a total of 13 fish in here. I think that might be the border line. LOL I'm also thinking that getting and adding 6 fish at once might be too much at one time. The qt can handle it I think but not positive on the 125g DT. I can put all 6 in the qt and then add the chromis after a week or 2 then add the anthias's a week later. I also was advised to treat the anthias for parasites before introduction into the DT.

Soo many factors to consider..

You guys are being great about helping me decide, I appreciate it a lot. :-D

I know what you mean carey. I want to finish stocking my 90, but at the same time want to get the biocube. mainly it is just "should I use this paycheck to pay for the stand for the future biocube or buy some fish for the 90?" LOL

I'm just so stuck on this lol. I have the money for both the stand and fish but I don't have the room for the 90g until I sell the 55g. And I need the 55g to QT the fish I wanna buy. It's like a loop that just goes round and round. lol

I am leaning towards keeping the 55g around for a few weeks until I can get the 125g stocked and get the new 29g qt tank up and running. That will take a few weeks as well. I'll need the new qt for the 90g fish. lol

I planned on maybe picking up the new qt this weekend and can get a sponge filter on Monday when I go fish gear shopping so I can get that going up to speed. Just a lot of deciding to do LOL. I'm so not good at decisions sometimes, specially when it comes to my tanks.

Move one to your garage ... you're in florida so heats not a factor. That way you can qt AND set up the 90

Don't think I haven't thought of the garage LOL. BUT the qt has to be inside cause of the heat and the 90 would be lame to setup in the garage and then have to move.

I got an answer for everything! hehe

They are also expensive just to buy the unit itself. You are looking at several hundred dollars. It is a shame they are so expensive, I wish they were as cheap as heaters....LOL

Get a cheap beer fridge for the garage, run a hundred or so feet of 1/4 tubing with a small pump and its more than worth it!

kurtyboh said:
Get a cheap beer fridge for the garage, run a hundred or so feet of 1/4 tubing with a small pump and its more than worth it!

Can you explain this to me please?

Back
Top Bottom