Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, been adding the max of 2 teaspoons per gallon and have had my calcium dip below 400. The alkalinity drops to like 7 but on a good note it has stabilized my ph finally. :) magnesium has been a little low too bit nothing major.

I already have the 2 part ingredients just have to get 2 one gallon jugs and some 1 ounce pumps from bulk reef supply. It's only like 3 squirts of one and 2-3 squirts of the other each day so it doesnt seem too bad.

i highly doubt your corals will miss removing two daylights and replacing them with 2 blues. alot of people run all blues except a row of either purple or actinic

carey said:
Here's some pictures hopefully. Trying to get the hang of a new iPod. Lol

Eww...talk about an ugly tank. Those corals are ruining everything. I'm sure if you shipped all of them over to me it'd look better :D jk Great tank

i highly doubt your corals will miss removing two daylights and replacing them with 2 blues. alot of people run all blues except a row of either purple or actinic

I was thinking of adding two blue plus's in place of the purples. :) That way I'd have 6 daylight bulbs and 6 actinics. I liked the even split on my 55g, but I DO like a bit more blue in my tanks. lol

Take some pics with them in various "slots" and see what you like. And as Ibrahim said, your corals could just be ruining everything and you could just ship them to us. :) :) :)

Buffy said:
......And as Ibrahim said, your corals could just be ruining everything and you could just ship them to us. :) :) :)
Carey pays shipping of course since we'd have to go through the trouble of acclimating and finding a proper spot for them in our tank :)

I think she needs to wait till I have my tank, and send them to me. Or, you know, that tank takes an awful lot of space. I could take it off your hands. ;)

Since I figure I'll be stocking the 90g soon I just went on my weekly shopping trip for some fishy gear. :-D

Picked up 2 eshopps frag racks for the tank and just finished loading most of the frags I had literally laying around in the 20g. lol

After moving out the rock from here for the 90g i think I need more rock again. hehe The 125g looks so empty now. Anyways here are some pictures, you guys know how I LOVE taking pictures!

img_1711757_0_db98f6a20ff09329ae27cb759a05a1b3.jpg

img_1711757_1_9b9ba81b966245773eaea938ea6cad74.jpg

img_1711757_2_f29e7a8af1cbbd91156e2dfd1f1c3374.jpg

carey said:
Since I figure I'll be stocking the 90g soon I just went on my weekly shopping trip for some fishy gear. :-D

Picked up 2 eshopps frag racks for the tank and just finished loading most of the frags I had literally laying around in the 20g. lol

After moving out the rock from here for the 90g i think I need more rock again. hehe The 125g looks so empty now. Anyways here are some pictures, you guys know how I LOVE taking pictures!

The tank looks great!

Just finished setting up the controller!!! It was so easy too. :-D

Ordering some extra goodies tonight for it as well. lol

I haven't updated this tank thread in a few weeks so I figured why not? I even took a video for you guys. :) Be warned it's about 6 minutes long though, so much in the tank to shoot. LOL

I also asked some identification questions in the video so if you watch it and know what they are please let me know!

Other than a few issues here and there with some corals the tank is running well. I'm still on the fence about adding the final fish though. I was thinking either 2 or 3 more blue reef chromis OR 2 female squareback anthias'.

What do you guys think? Or should I get just one anthias? or if you all have any other suitable suggestions for fish chime in! Always looking for new ideas.

Thanks for reading and thanks for watching too!!

http://youtu.be/xM6mUkN2814

Tank looks awesome Carey!!!! Is that a Favia Brain in the second picture on the shelf, bottom right?

You guys! LOL Seriously though, I'm downsizing. Once this 125g is up then I'm selling the 55g and 29g saltwaters. :)

Thats the plan anyway. I just hope the faults in this tank aren't too bad.

You guys see the pictures, does it look okay?

Im going to be tagging along for this 1.

I'm a little behind here, what controller did you get for what tank? LOL I can't keep up with anyones threads lately.

Which Eshopps do you have?

I'm using the eshopps psk 150 and it's working awesome. I ended up with the reefkeeper elite, which also works awesome. :-D

I think that is a favia or platygra brain, not too sure which one you meant. lol

Thanks everyone for following!

Did anybody know what the two unidentified corals were?

Back
Top Bottom