Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far no fish have bothered the new goby. :) he didn't eat though so I will keep an eye on him. He's supposed to be a sand sifter but he is chilling out on my mag float and on the powerhead. lol

Here's my new guy

img_1789598_0_dd8fbebf5f162394fb9f4e3812e93d7c.jpg

Thanks. :) part of the reason I got him was he isnt your everyday goby. I also saw him two weeks ago at the lfs and asked about him. I then went home and researched him in case I went back to the store soon and he was still there. And lo and behold there he was today when I went in for some filter media. LOL
He is mostly a sand sifting goby who eats from the sandbed. I am a little worried that my tank doesnt have enough life for him to survive but I think he should be ok. The tank is about 8 months old so it should be nourishing enough.

Thanks for following still!

Yep, your tank seems to be pretty established so I wouldn't worry too much. Sand-sifting Gobies are fun to watch!

redsea said:
Yep, your tank seems to be pretty established so I wouldn't worry too much. Sand-sifting Gobies are fun to watch!

Agreed!!! I love those little guys

Got some new goodies! lol

Went to my reef club meeting last night which was held at a store. :)

I ended up with 7 new frags. The store even had a 3 for $10 rack!!! Got 3 ricordias, 2 zoos, a red monti and a blue sympodium. I am very excited about the sympodium, I have been wanting one forever but all the other stores had it for over $50 at least so for $20 I got one. It's small but it will grow. :)

The goby has settled in and has his own little burrow, I think he may have hooked up with my pistol shrimp as well! I actually saw the pistol yesterday, first time in like 6 months. Overall the tank is doing well and I'm pleased.

OOps, I don't have pictures yet! LOL I'll get a few shots and then post them.

:)

Our reef club is about to have it's annual maga frag swap. They rent out the Georgia World Congress Center. I was supposed to help out with it which would have gained me a bunch of free frags but I just found out my daughter will be home on leave from the Navy for the first time in 1-1/2 years. No doubt which I will choose but I am sure going to hate to miss the frag meet.

We are having an equipment and frag swap in a few months, can't wait for that!

Here are some quick photos of my budget corals. lol

img_1796056_0_e8a5c1c2bbd4e423b3921da7a8754ec2.jpg

img_1796056_1_5d4cf845f2d8ce612bab798ecf8eb194.jpg

img_1796056_2_a615e6cdfb22bb2f217dd3ddd8186daa.jpg

img_1796056_3_bd47110deb977da27e579a7ebd40a75b.jpg

Got some new goodies! lol

Went to my reef club meeting last night which was held at a store. :)

I ended up with 7 new frags. The store even had a 3 for $10 rack!!! Got 3 ricordias, 2 zoos, a red monti and a blue sympodium. I am very excited about the sympodium, I have been wanting one forever but all the other stores had it for over $50 at least so for $20 I got one. It's small but it will grow. :)

The goby has settled in and has his own little burrow, I think he may have hooked up with my pistol shrimp as well! I actually saw the pistol yesterday, first time in like 6 months. Overall the tank is doing well and I'm pleased.

OOps, I don't have pictures yet! LOL I'll get a few shots and then post them.

I am very interested to see the sympodium. Never heard of them before! I love Rics too.

Can't wait for the pictures!

Thanks! I couldn't resist they were 3 for $40. lol I hope to have a nice mushroom garden. :-D The sympodium is the first picture, kinda reminds me of blue clove polyps.

Thanks! I couldn't resist they were 3 for $40. lol I hope to have a nice mushroom garden. :-D The sympodium is the first picture, kinda reminds me of blue clove polyps.

I think that a mushroom garden is an awesome idea. I am going to try to make one myself, with lots of Rics! :)

Your tank has come along very, very nicely! I hope mine looks like it someday!

Rdnelson, when is that frag swap and is it open to the public? I am in NC and have been looking for something like that to go to the just not alot around here.

An unhappy update I'm afraid. My lawnmower blenny has disappeared, been MIA for about 6 days now. he was my oldest fish at a bit over a year. :-( Really sad to lose him. Not sure if i will replace him or not, he was the most awesome fish.

carey said:
An unhappy update I'm afraid. My lawnmower blenny has disappeared, been MIA for about 6 days now. he was my oldest fish at a bit over a year. :-( Really sad to lose him. Not sure if i will replace him or not, he was the most awesome fish.

Same with mine.... But i had a lionfish with him so I can't be surprised...

Sorry for your loss carey.

Thanks guys. Sad to see a good fish go. I have no idea how long their life span is supposed to be but a year seems much too soon. All my water parameters are good, just in case anyone wondered. I have some high phosphates but thats about it. I've been testing for an ammonia spike since he went missing, but so far not even a blip. I don't expect one, I think the bio filter in my tank is like 200%, I never get a blip when anything dies. Even when Bob the sea hare passed and he was like a foot long. lol

Back
Top Bottom