Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Carey, I would strongly advise you to contact aquacave and see about swapping one of those aquablues for a purple+. I have a 75G with 4 T5s and just recently went through the same situation swapping bulbs out. The two Aquablues is not a good look with too much "white". I run from front to back a Blue+, Aquablue, Purple+, Blue+. It's a great spectrum for color and growth with a lot of pop!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

just called aquacave, waiting for a call back.

I was wondering if that would be too much white. lol Thanks for posting!! might have saved me $30.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So I started to move some of the rock from the 29g to the 55g. I also moved a mushroom coral over too so I can see how they do. Took some photos, what do you think? My b/f said the big ledge look too deliberate. lol I like it. Will give swimming and hiding room.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I just ordered the ATI bulbs, cant wait to see them.

I also just ordered all the test kits I'll need. I got mag, silicate, iodide and a new nitrate kit.

Did I forget any test kits that are needed for coral keeping?
I don't wanna get crazy but I will get what is needed.

Thanks guys!
Phosphate n calcium are also important

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank
Old 03-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh I almost forgot I have already:
ph hi and low kits
ammonia nitrite nitrate
calcium phosphate alkilinity
KH copper

is there anything else I'd need?

How do the rocks look? Or is it too soon to tell? You can tell me it stinks I can take it
Old 03-31-2011, 10:41 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, ph, alk, calcium, and mag are the only test kits i own. color is in the eye of the beholder. i don't like the purple lamps. i think they are a waste of money.
FYI, a 75 gallon with 4 lamps over it isn't going to get "great growth", unless your talking softies and some lps.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, ph, alk, calcium, and mag are the only test kits i own. color is in the eye of the beholder. i don't like the purple lamps. i think they are a waste of money.
FYI, a 75 gallon with 4 lamps over it isn't going to get "great growth", unless your talking softies and some lps.

After alot of thought I kept my original order and didnt change out for the purple ones.

With the four lamps I should be able to keep SPS corals correct?

I don't know the lights manufacturer but its 4x54 watts and there are individual reflectors for each bulb.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:40 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
in the top half of the tank it should be ok for some sps. the highest light sps like acropora will need to be in the top 1/3.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep thats what i was planning. I only have two arcopora frags for right now.

Thanks very much for your time, much appreciated.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Today I guess is a big day. I moved most of the LR from the 29g over to the 55g. Do you think it looks okay? I have a few more to add.

Also, heres a picture of whats left in the 29g. Can I leave my fish and corals without much LR for a few days? i will be moving the skimmer and one of the koralias as well today. It still has a AC filter running on it and water parameters seem good.

Tags
55 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com