Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #11
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

It's a GLA but same dimensions as the Mr. A.

I could be wrong but I'd worry about the emeralds with smaller shrimp too. My coral banded shrimp and emeralds square off all the time and it seems like a lot of the time the emeralds are picking the fight.

fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Aww that's too bad, emeralds are one of my favorite. :-( Maybe I can go with the sponge crab and the shrimp. Though I will miss the little "dance" the emeralds do on the front glass. lol

Do you think a tiny emerald would still be a concern? The ones I have now don't really mess with anything, they hide most of the time except at night. And I would love to have a showcase shrimp, like a large cleaner. he could perch on top of the rocks and I think it would look awesome.

Oh, I have been browsing that link you posted for the canadian led shop, and wow! I think I may go with the par30 or par38 (though I think the par38 will be too much light) or the touch panel which is I believe 10.8 watts. It only has a par rating of 50 at 12 inches though so that might not be enough light. lol The tank itself is only 12 inches wide so I need a fixture that will fit on it.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I just ran across this par38 on amazon

Amazon.com: ABI LED Aquarium Light Bulb, 12W (Royal Blue 450-470nm + Cold White 15000K): Pet Supplies

Is it too good to be true as far as price?
Old 09-17-2013, 03:47 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

if you find a filter upgrade solution, let me know! Ive had the 4g version of this tank for a few months now and i've had no luck with the filter(s).

It is pretty tank though
Old 09-17-2013, 04:01 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I was thinking maybe i can make a tray or something out of eggcrate or acrylic. I have something similar in my biocube and it's awesome. I run filter pad on top shelf, followed by Purigen and the chemiclean on the bottom section. The water just flows down thru the compartments. Gonna go take some measurements to see if it's viable.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #16
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Smaller emeralds will probably be ok. Mine are pretty big. And surly
Old 10-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Received a new light I ordered today. I got that 12watt led ar38 bulb. Just put it on the tank and it looks pretty good. Now I need a gooseneck clamp.....anyone know of a cheap place to get one?

I have so far in the tank, a single hermit crab and a yuma shroom. I also placed an invert order with aquacon so hopefully will be adding a sponge crab and maybe some snails or hermits. Still searchng for the perfect goby/shrimp pair up....I want the candycane shrimp but am unsure of what goby will go with that genus.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I haven't seen any cheap goosenecks. I did a lot of looking back when I was trying to decide on a fixture for the 12. They seem to run $60-80 bucks which is outrageous IMO.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fun! A new build! Even a little hermit crab can be fascinating!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have the bulb in a very tall desklamp right now lol, but its hitting the water at an angle. :-( Guess my search will continue for a gooseneck clamp.

Thanks redsea, glad youre here to check it out!

Tags
aqueon, build, care

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com