Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
no. not even close. pm me any time.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Addict

Now that explains it. Now I know why Carey and Mr. X always reply to my posts. It is because no one else will put up with me. hehehehehe At least I got you two so I don't feel so lonely. LOL

Seriously, you two are great to us newbies and I, for one, appreciate all I have learned for you both.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Freak

I second that, aa is the way to go lol
Old 08-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So I got some pictures of my new friend and corals. Not all the corals are open but I expect to get better pictures tomorrow of the next day as they get used to my lights.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #95
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

And yet some more pictures.....

Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 AM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

And one more... LOL This is all that I added to the rimless, I added a larger coral to my 125g.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm still debating whether to order two 425's or 2 550's for this tank. They are the exact same price pretty much. I was thinking that if the 550's were too much I could always add them to the back wall of my 125g and then go with the 425's for the rimless. Since I will be keeping SPS in this tank I know I need good water flow. But I have a tendency to go over on the flow. LOL

Also got a few more lbs of live rock today, some really really purple stuff.

So I redid the rocks and corals AGAIN and here is what I have so far today.

I'm also thinking I have too much light. :-( The corals arent opening like they did in the pico. The new ones arent really opened much either.

I found my speaker stand and it looks like it will be too short to hang anything from securely. I may go to home depot and check out the 2 by 4's and see if I cant figure this mounting of the lights out.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice Addict

I really love the fact that your tanks come together so quickly. One day, it's... "hmm, maybe I'll buy a new tank." Three days later - "well I've added LR, sand, fish, inverts, 13 corals, and two new lights. I think that these corals will go nicely when I upgrade."

LOL

Its great stuff, wish I could keep up!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

At least I;m not gonna do the build on the 55g setup I bought yesterday. i am taking the gear I want, selling some to a friend and then i will craigs list the tank and stand. My buddy wants to try a wet/dry in her fowlr so its good all around. the new 55g is in my garage now, lol. I plan on scraping off the blue paint on the back of it and cleaning it up a bit. Figure I can make a few bucks at it. Then maybe I can find a 90g on cl and get that. OR just get another tank and keep flipping them for cash.

I am soooo tempted, theres a 14g nano cube on right now for $100 bucks and I know i can get it for like $60 but I'm out of tank space and I ahve no idea what I'd put into it. LOL
Old 08-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice Activist

Carey have you thought about buying some square metal tubing and having in bent to the dimensions you would need like a L-shape paint it black and mount it to your wall for your light to hang from?

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com