Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #101
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh that would be too easy. LOL The tank backs up to a window so I'd have to mount whatever to the actual stand. I'm working on ideas in my head how it will work. I also will have to move the tank out a few inches since I only have about 4 inches to play with right now. And to the left of the tank, within 4 inches is another fish tank of course.

But your idea is what I'm playing with for now, if only I knew a metal worker who could weld stuff....

Old 08-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #102
Aquarium Advice Addict

The tank is coming along very nicely!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #103
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thank you! I was just now feeding the tank since the goby was out and the barnacle blenny is awesome! I'm glad I waited for him. he just chills in his barnacle and juts out really quick to grab food, and big pieces too.

I'll be rockscaping tomorrow again probably, everything is just falling over because of the flow and the crabs. :-( I need toorder my new powerheads by monday still cant decide between the 425's and 550;s....I'm leaning towards the 550's though.Also gonna order some frag mounts so i can start learning how to frag. thats' gonna be a whole nother thread LOL
Old 08-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #104
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Thank you! I was just now feeding the tank since the goby was out and the barnacle blenny is awesome! I'm glad I waited for him. he just chills in his barnacle and juts out really quick to grab food, and big pieces too.

I'll be rockscaping tomorrow again probably, everything is just falling over because of the flow and the crabs. :-( I need toorder my new powerheads by monday still cant decide between the 425's and 550;s....I'm leaning towards the 550's though.Also gonna order some frag mounts so i can start learning how to frag. thats' gonna be a whole nother thread LOL
I will tag along when that is started because I would like to learn too.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #105
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
At least I;m not gonna do the build on the 55g setup I bought yesterday. i am taking the gear I want, selling some to a friend and then i will craigs list the tank and stand. My buddy wants to try a wet/dry in her fowlr so its good all around. the new 55g is in my garage now, lol. I plan on scraping off the blue paint on the back of it and cleaning it up a bit. Figure I can make a few bucks at it. Then maybe I can find a 90g on cl and get that. OR just get another tank and keep flipping them for cash.

I am soooo tempted, theres a 14g nano cube on right now for $100 bucks and I know i can get it for like $60 but I'm out of tank space and I ahve no idea what I'd put into it. LOL
Buy and sell. You can use the extra money on corals for your 125. Oh and where do you get your corals they look stunning.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #106
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Local and not so local stores. I was in Orlando yesterday buying that 55g and figured why not do some searching, theres a very high end coral shop with lots of fabulous stuff. And they actually know what it all is. All rimless tanks and leds nothing cheap as far as fish. They had a midas blenny that I so want in my tank but they were asking $55 which I think is absurd.

I went to daytona today and was fish hunting since I get my fish almost entirely from one store.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #107
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Local and not so local stores. I was in Orlando yesterday buying that 55g and figured why not do some searching, theres a very high end coral shop with lots of fabulous stuff. And they actually know what it all is. All rimless tanks and leds nothing cheap as far as fish. They had a midas blenny that I so want in my tank but they were asking $55 which I think is absurd.

I went to daytona today and was fish hunting since I get my fish almost entirely from one store.
If you can buy some and ship I'd be happy to buy from you
Old 08-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #108
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I bet the one store ships, the one i went to in orlando. Where are you located? have you search far and wide for a good store? You could even make a day of it, I'd drive probably 4 hours each way if I was to find a spectacular store. orlando for me is an hour drive and so is daytona.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #109
Aquarium Advice Addict

I live in MD. I just turned 15 yo so I only have my motorcycle license and I'm probably not driving 240 miles on that. Lol and My parents would never drive that far either i could pay for shipping with the amount of money spent on gas lol
Old 08-28-2011, 04:53 AM   #110
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Wondering if u r talking about my LFS lol

Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com