Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Took a some cool pictures of my two spot blenny today. He seems to made his home in a toadstool coral. :)

img_1541553_0_dbd4369824c60775eab71d9617c70568.jpg

img_1541553_1_c41be0f5c142a7630c881ab9ab39932a.jpg

I was wondering if a maxi mini nem would work in this tank or since its corals woudl the nem be a bad idea? I hear these stay quite small and shoudlnt eat my fish. :)

they have some wonderful colors that I'd like to have in my tank. And a 150w MH would be enough to sustain one I assume?

Thanks!!

Carey I just got a maxi mini nem about a week ago and it seems to like the spot I put it in... Hasn't move an inch and when I tried to put it in a new spot earlier today it sunk down into the rock and closed up in protest... pretty cool edition to the tank I would recommend it

My maxi mini shares a rock with pulsing xenia and blue clove polyps and has never moved

Attachments

• image-4239044224.jpg
    image-4239044224.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 116
Thanks guys! That will be a future purchase after the tanks been up and running just a bit longer.

I have decided to go with micro fish mostly for this tank, anyone see an issue with it eating tiny fish?

Also, I think I am liking the MH thing ALOT more now. I'm hoping to order an XM 20k bulb tomorrow so I think I will stay MH for awhile still.

I've been looking at newer MH fixtures that go across the tank top and the only benefit I see is I would have blue actinic supplements. PLUS it would really hide the top of the tank and the rimless look would be kinda lost.

Right now it kinda stands out when you walk in the room, I'm not sure I wanna add more clutter to it.

OOOhHHH one mroe question...how long should I be running the lights? I've been going 10 am to about 8pm. Give or take havent set up a timer yet.
Is that too much light?

THANKS!! :-D

anywhere from 8 to 12 hours. i like 10-12 hours. especially if you are using a 150 watter.
those small carpet anemones should be fine in that tank. there's one in the 150 at the gym and it likes to be partially out in the light. they aren't as light hungry as some anemones.

Perfect! I will look into one in a month or so. And no danger of it eating tiny fish cause thats all I plan on stocking in this.

I think I'll stick with the 10 hours, any more than that and theres just something about the corals that almost says enough already, it's just a vibe I get. Probably sounds weird I know but it's like I'm connected to my tanks. LOL

thanks so much everyone

So, I want a skimmer for this tank being that it's mostly corals. I was looking into the tunze's and the remora nano skimmer. Now, I just took off my remora pro from my 55g, it has a maxijet 1200 powering it.

I tried to fit it on the 20g rimless and it fits! SO, I was contemplating using this one instead of buying new. I have 2 concerns though:

One, is a mJ1200 gonna produce too many bubbles? I have the bubble trap thing but it will take up way too much realestae inside the tank.

Second, I have micro fish in this tank and don't want them sucked up by the MJ1200. Is there a way to screen off or is there a screen that is for sale for these pumps? I just KNOW one of my teeny tiny fish will get stuck in it. lol

Also, would the remora pro be overkill as far as a skimmer on a 20g? It's rated to 70g I believe and worked absolutely fantastic on my 55g tank.

Thanks for any input guys.

As far as xenia, I spent $4 on a tiny little stalk and now have a four inch forest growing of it, I had to move it into my 125g it got so big. LOL And this was in a matter of maybe 2-3 months tops.

I got motivated today so I added the remora pro skimmer to this tank.

Do you think it looks too busy now with all this gear hanging off of it?

The other skimmer I am contemplating now is a tunze or a nano remora but I fear I'll have the same issue with the sizes. I'm also gettting micro bubbles too. :-(

Look at the pictures below and let me know if it looks ok...

img_1545898_0_7dacbdba8ab5540144e058956e803f89.jpg

img_1545898_1_3806f94d6316279ae845cc930e571308.jpg

Back
Top Bottom