Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #161
Aquarium Advice Freak

For the MH if you want it bluer you could try those color gels that are used for theater lighting they will also dim the light a bit if that's an issue. Some of those setups have them only a few inches from a 500+w bulb with no heat shield. I plan to use them ( difusers almost the same) to acclimate new corals ( when I get them).

Old 09-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #162
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think I;m just gonna try the led's I picked out. I should know tomorrow if I have a sale on the 20L setup so I will go from there. I really like the led shimmer and the intensity is crazy bright.

I'll use the MH for the time being though, who knows maybe I'll get used to them. lol Probably not though.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #163
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Got my new goodies today finally!

2 new 425 koralias, some fragging stuff, a new aquaclear 50 since the AC30 broke yesterday,a new aqualifter pump as back up for my 125g overflow and some phosphate testing reagants too. Yay Now I can go fish/coral shopping!

Old 09-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #164
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Got my new goodies today finally!

2 new 425 koralias, some fragging stuff, a new aquaclear 50 since the AC30 broke yesterday,a new aqualifter pump as back up for my 125g overflow and some phosphate testing reagants too. Yay Now I can go fish/coral shopping!
Yay, your fragging stuff arrived can't wait to go shopping in your aquarium ;b
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #165
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So, after doing a ton of stuff todya I finally got around to working on this tank. LOL

I added the new 425's, which in retrospect, I think I should have gone with the 550's like I initially planned. Oh well, it will have to work.

Also got the new aquaclear installed.

Got lots of surface agitation now so hopefully things will perk up. My duncans are already almost back to normal and the zooas are opening upp more. I chose to just try the MH for now. Still checking out other options for led's.

Here's the latest FTS

Sorry theres no fish in the picture, they are soo sooo tiny and they only come out when I feed them. LOL

Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #166
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks awesome - I love the candycanes - and the barnacles fit perfectly!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #167
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks so much! I out alot of thought into this tank. It's supposed to be my masterpiece LOL. Only time will tell.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #168
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
So, after doing a ton of stuff todya I finally got around to working on this tank. LOL

I added the new 425's, which in retrospect, I think I should have gone with the 550's like I initially planned. Oh well, it will have to work.

Got lots of surface agitation now so hopefully things will perk up. My duncans are already almost back to normal and the zooas are opening upp more. I chose to just try the MH for now. Still checking out other options for led's.

Here's the latest FTS

Sorry theres no fish in the picture, they are soo sooo tiny and they only come out when I feed them. LOL

nice corals. the sand looks so clean.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #169
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice tank. I tried to go back through.

I did two DIY LED fixtures using FEDY 3 watt lights and drivers. One was 24 actinic blue, and the other was 88 mostly white bulbs. Killer light, and I can't wait to order more.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #170
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey

Here's the latest FTS

Hey Carey first off nice tank queen of saltwater!!! you always amaze me. As far as the power heads just get another smaller or the same size lots of flow from different directions lol

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com