Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

ada does have the bottom! my bad lol check glass cages

Old 08-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

WOW, just looked at the prices at glass cages and they are obscene! LOL Almost $200 for a 15 long.. plus I'd have to pay a pick up fee in a town over an hour away.

Good suggestion though...gonna peruse the site a bit more.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

i forgot they were abit high priced lol
Old 08-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Todays the big shopping day, I'm off to try to find the tank for this build. And maybe a stand as well. Just depends on how big of a tank I find.

I was planning on using the two par38 led bulbs for this tank so I have lights covered for the start and I was gonna order about 20lbs of base rock from reefcleaners if I come home with a tank.

Since this will be almost entirely a coral tank I also am going to start looking into skimmers. I was hoping to add my new clowns I got yesterday and the clown goby from the pico and that was it. BUT I also don't know how big of a tank I will be getting. The Mr aqua is the smallest i want at 17.4 g and I might be willing to go as big as a 30g cube, just depends on price.

I'm really hoping I can find something today, I'm getting really excited to have a coral only tank.

I will have lots and lots of questions though along the way I'm sure.
I'm still debating whether to put it in the pico's spot on the kitchen counter or get a stand, but stands can be soo expensive.

I also dont really have the room for another stand and tank, though I have a 10g on a stand to the left of my computer that is full of water that needs to be taken down. I will literally be surrounded by tanks on my computer. ROFL

I have the cube 8 inches to my right, then a foot over from that I have the 125g FW. To my left about 3 feet is the 20L community FW tank I recently setup. This new tank would go between me and the 20L. hehe

I have also entertained the idea of changing the 20L regular tank into the coral tank but it's not rimless. :-(

dont mind my rambling on, it;s liek 8 am and I''m excited to get on the road and start my search. Just so many options...
Old 08-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good Luck shopping, thanks for all the help lately, and of course, I'm following this one too!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Woohoo!!! Just bought a 20g rimless. Its a marina and came with a neat slim filter and a crappy light. Lol

Now I need a stand. Still shopping.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

don't know why I didn't suggest those we carry them at work! Lol I can't wait to see how this turns out
Old 08-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

You should seriously consider opening an aquarium rental business. That way you will get paid for setting up tanks. Hit up some doctors offices and other businesses with waiting rooms.

You like building tanks too much! lol!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Believe it or not, I am thinking of doing something on the side like that. I get off on setting up tanks like you wouldnt believe. lol

I do have a 55g I am selling too, I will probably list it after my blue tang is out of it after his qt period.

So nemo, how do those marina tanks hold up? Any customer complaints? It has the black silicone seals too so it looks pretty cool. And the filter, anyone complain about them? It looks cool but is kinda ghetto. lol The guya t the store said you could put whatever media you want in it but I havent unboxed it yet to really see. The store had one setup with led's for $900!!! and it looked pretty good even though the filter was kinda dirty looking.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Believe it or not, I am thinking of doing something on the side like that. I get off on setting up tanks like you wouldnt believe. lol

I do have a 55g I am selling too, I will probably list it after my blue tang is out of it after his qt period.

So nemo, how do those marina tanks hold up? Any customer complaints? It has the black silicone seals too so it looks pretty cool. And the filter, anyone complain about them? It looks cool but is kinda ghetto. lol The guya t the store said you could put whatever media you want in it but I havent unboxed it yet to really see. The store had one setup with led's for $900!!! and it looked pretty good even though the filter was kinda dirty looking.
We've never had returns and I've never heard anything bad about them. They look to be really good quailty.. I love black silicone personally. And nothing bad about the filter either. I personally think they are to small lol. And wow 900 bucks. What leds? Best ones we have now are eco panaromas and they are like 99. Id say ditch the filter personally.

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com