Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #221
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Oh ok, I had a power surge with my electricity that might have done it then.
Yup, that is what did it. You should be fine.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #222
Aquarium Advice Addict

No, but it is for comparason. If you 'were' looking for more coverage 3vs 1 watt would bemore important.

I don't know why thy used so many 1 watters, except that they get more even coverage

Old 09-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #223
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ok, so I;ve been thinking about the stocking of this tank. My intention was to move the pair of B&W clowns over to it from my cube but I've been thinking of other stocking ideas.

I currently have two fish in this tank, a half inch green clown goby and a inch long barnacle blenny. I was thinking of instead adding alot of micro fish. Like 1 inch long tops. I could fit a ton of them in there while if I move the clowns I'm pretty limited as to what else I could add.

I'm looking into every fish I can that's an inch or less and have come up with quite the list. LOL

SO should I go for alot of stock of teeny tiny fish or go large with the clowns? While my cube is stocked pretty well I think I can get away with keeping the clowns in there along with the current stock I have in the cube.

Whatcha think? Also taking suggestions for small tiny fish as well.

Thank you so much for everything guys!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #224
Aquarium Advice Addict

IMO I think that the micro-fish idea is pretty neat. Not a lot of people can say they've tried that.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #225
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That's part of the reason I was thinking of doing it. This tank is supposed to be different, what with the rimless and potential leds' I'm still shopping for.

I love just seeing a tiny fish jut out and grab some food, it's as much fun s the larger fish if not more so. Just wouldnt have alot of swimming activity all the time like I would with the clowns but that might be cool as well. It is primarily a coral tank.

Thanks for the vote!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #226
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If I don't go for the leds I caught this on ebay

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Think it would be overkill? Or is the MH I'm using just as good? I'm worried I dont have any blue bulbs for the corals....well other than the 20k MH bulb.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #227
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a similar light for my 30gal its bigger than that one. I love it the leds make for a good night time effect. On the other hand th mh you have seem to me will be more benifical if your wanting to do hard coral. Even so in such a small tank some would say the t5 Ho will do both. I personally like the mh
Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 PM   #228
Aquarium Advice Addict

8 bulbs seem like alot to me, you don't want to burn or bleach your corals. How about a 6 bulb fixture. I burned my poor goniopora and galaxy coral with my halide on so I'm looking for a 6 bulb fixture for under 250. Let me kno if you find one.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #229
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah 8 did seem extreme lol. It just is so tempting. lol
Old 09-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #230
Aquarium Advice Addict

Those would be a waste. 4 with indivdual reflectors would get more par/watt

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com