Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, it can control 4 of them so I figured I'd get 2 more for the 125g. :) It would be awesome!

I'm also considering a used one for this tank, the 20g. I could use the wavemaker feature and ato as well as the lighting control. Plus the ph and temperature modules would be nice. i could see the status if my tank with a glance. lol

carey said:
Yep, it can control 4 of them so I figured I'd get 2 more for the 125g. :) It would be awesome!

I'm also considering a used one for this tank, the 20g. I could use the wavemaker feature and ato as well as the lighting control. Plus the ph and temperature modules would be nice. i could see the status if my tank with a glance. lol

Very cool! Now are the benefits of a wave maker the same as a powerhead, just more natural? Thank you!

I think the wavemaker is supposed to make a more natural enviroment as far as flow. supposed to be good for corals and health of the tank. :)

Well, looking forward to the HOB refugium. It goes well in your tank then I may purchase one for my nano as well :D

I think the wavemaker is supposed to make a more natural enviroment as far as flow. supposed to be good for corals and health of the tank. :)

Awesome, all of the waves look nice too. You just have too lower you water level, right? Otherwise you will have waves splashing out of your tank, lol.

I went and picked up a rio 200+ for the refugium today. Have it all hooke dup and it seems to be working just fine. Used a piece of spa hose to connect the pump to the intake stem on the box and 3 zip ties to secure it in place. It gives a nice gentle flow, perfect for a refugium. i will add some chaeto tonight or tomorrow and see how it goes.

Side note, this tank is completely infested with flatworms. No idea how they got in there but I plan on using flatworm exit by salifert to eradicate them. Supposed to work almost instantly. I have thousands of those little red things on all my rock and sand. :-(

carey said:
I went and picked up a rio 200+ for the refugium today. Have it all hooke dup and it seems to be working just fine. Used a piece of spa hose to connect the pump to the intake stem on the box and 3 zip ties to secure it in place. It gives a nice gentle flow, perfect for a refugium. i will add some chaeto tonight or tomorrow and see how it goes.

Side note, this tank is completely infested with flatworms. No idea how they got in there but I plan on using flatworm exit by salifert to eradicate them. Supposed to work almost instantly. I have thousands of those little red things on all my rock and sand. :-(

So sorry about your situation, :(. Good luck though.

carey said:

You need to siphon out as many as possible before using it,and make sure to follow the instructions exactly.You also need to use a powerhead on the rocks just before dosing to get as many in the water column as possible.

Finally got a decent shot of the new "blue" gonipora. It for sure looks way more purple than blue but that's a good thing. I like the purple better. :)

img_1656680_0_bee0b53b94c2b1e6866b64a1f718eab2.jpg

carey said:
Finally got a decent shot of the new "blue" gonipora. It for sure looks way more purple than blue but that's a good thing. I like the purple better. :)

That looks really awesome! Nice pick!

So far so good. I tested everything a few days ago and the parameters were fine. :)

I plan on moving the clam from the sandbed upo to the middle or top-ish of the tank though, just haven't gotten around to it. I'm also infested with flatworms so i was kinda hoping to wait since I plan on re-vamping the tank when I do the flatworm medication.

Got the Salifert Flatworm exit treatment today. Finally found an LFS that had it in stock. I got out as many of the flatworms as I could then added the proper dosage which is 4 drops per 5g. In a matter of 30 seconds or so ALL the flatworms started moving and were clearly in distress. After about 10 min the tank had mostly dead ones floating around. I did a 50% water change and siphoned out the little dead bodies. LOL Put the carbon back in the filter (have to take it out for treatment) and so far all looks well. Some of the corals closed up while the treatment was in the water but they all seem fine now.

Gotta say, this is a GREAT product. Works exactly as promised. Will probably do another treatment in a day or two to make sure I got them all. :-D

Also rescaped the tank yet again, moved the clam about 3/4 of the way up the rock so hopefully he will get enough light there and stop moving around., lol

Got the Salifert Flatworm exit treatment today. Finally found an LFS that had it in stock. I got out as many of the flatworms as I could then added the proper dosage which is 4 drops per 5g. In a matter of 30 seconds or so ALL the flatworms started moving and were clearly in distress. After about 10 min the tank had mostly dead ones floating around. I did a 50% water change and siphoned out the little dead bodies. LOL Put the carbon back in the filter (have to take it out for treatment) and so far all looks well. Some of the corals closed up while the treatment was in the water but they all seem fine now.

Gotta say, this is a GREAT product. Works exactly as promised. Will probably do another treatment in a day or two to make sure I got them all. :-D

Also rescaped the tank yet again, moved the clam about 3/4 of the way up the rock so hopefully he will get enough light there and stop moving around., lol

I am glad all is going well! :-D

sad news. I think my fangtooth blenny has gone missing. havent seen him since last night. I searched the tank vicinity and loe and behold found my two spot blenny dried up on the floor behind the tank. :-( He had been missing for over a month or more.

Does this happen to anyone else, where fish just go missing?

I lost a flame angel, diamond goby, and a six line wrasse with no sign or reason... If any jumped I'm sure they were cat food...though I have a lid on all but one small corner...

Sorry to hear about your losses...

i sold my friend a fairy wrasse 4 years ago. when he broke his tank down he put it in the gym tank. that was a year ago. sunday i found him dried up on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom