Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! LOL I went to look at it again today. I get paid a few days after christmas so maybe I can put it on lay away. :) I also want to get some extra bells and whistles for the controller too PLUS I should be putting the 90g up so we'll see how far my check goes this month.

Picked up a really nice fuzzy mushroom today, forgot to take a picture while the lights were on. I'll get a good shot tomorrow.

Ship me some CORAL !!!!!!!!!

+1

Where's the sign up sheet for the mailing list. LOL

Nice tank Carey, Love the corals, you should send me a link on how to put these itty bitty things in my dt.

Oh, also where's the dang sign up sheet to get in on some of that energy supply you got going on.:lol:

My energy level is getting low these days, too much going on LOL

Have some bad news about this tank. My ultra purple maxima clam is dead. :-( **cry**

I'm almost 100% sure it was my fault. I had him up high in the rockwork but I took almost all the rock out of the tank to treat the flatworms and when i was doing this I banged into his rock and he fell off. I think his muscle got ripped when that happened. He was slighty open since then and today the shell is all the way open and theres just some tiny bit of flesh left inside.

Was a beautiful specimen, sucks that i was the reason it died. I've learned my lesson, no more clams for me.

My energy level is getting low these days, too much going on LOL

Have some bad news about this tank. My ultra purple maxima clam is dead. :-( **cry**

I'm almost 100% sure it was my fault. I had him up high in the rockwork but I took almost all the rock out of the tank to treat the flatworms and when i was doing this I banged into his rock and he fell off. I think his muscle got ripped when that happened. He was slighty open since then and today the shell is all the way open and theres just some tiny bit of flesh left inside.

Was a beautiful specimen, sucks that i was the reason it died. I've learned my lesson, no more clams for me.

I am really sorry carey :(. Mistakes happen all of the time, don't feel bad about it.

Always there for me Redsea! I appreciate it. Just hate doing dumb things, and this time it caused a creature to die. Total bummer.

I'm sorry about your clam Carey. What about putting him in a small tank all by himself and then wait and see? Remember my Encrusted Horn? He is still in the 10 gal with nothing but a pump and a heater. I actually put a light on him tonite for the first time since I moved him. He ended up pure white all over, no green left. He's got more green back now. There are a few totally white areas still but it looks like those will turn again. I can even see his ridges now. So.........the reason I explained all this, is before you decide he is gone, just isolate him and wait. He may not come back but he may have something in there that may spring forth.

I still have the 'stick' that the orange polyps was on too, can't tell what may be coming out of it but some areas show life of some sort.

Oh the clam shell is empty now, nothing to come back. I think the hermits had their way with the remains. :-(

Probably gonna leave the shell in anyways, it looks kinda cool. Also a reminder to be more careful to me! lol

Yeah, the water is spot on, finally hit 0 nitrates in the tank too.

I may add another fish here or there but I think until the 60g rimless is here I will just be maintaining this tank and not really advancing it. :-(

it's pretty much just a coral frag tank now anyways LOL.

carey said:
Yeah, the water is spot on, finally hit 0 nitrates in the tank too.

I may add another fish here or there but I think until the 60g rimless is here I will just be maintaining this tank and not really advancing it. :-(

it's pretty much just a coral frag tank now anyways LOL.

Do you know the name of the store you get your cheapest corals from? I just wanna know if they can ship

It's a combination of like 3 stores that I get them from and I know they don't ship. :-( Too snooty for that LOL The one store in orlando has extremely nice corals and very expensive BUT they have a $10 and $20 frag section that I shop from.

I'm hoping to place an order from saltwater2go soon for some zooas and might try Mr coral.com as well.

carey said:
It's a combination of like 3 stores that I get them from and I know they don't ship. :-( Too snooty for that LOL The one store in orlando has extremely nice corals and very expensive BUT they have a $10 and $20 frag section that I shop from.

I'm hoping to place an order from saltwater2go soon for some zooas and might try Mr coral.com as well.

Mr. Coral is about an hour drive for me so I'll wait till you order to see if it's worth it lol

Went shopping today and got myself a lawnmower blenny. This tank really really needs it. LOL

It's been tragic though already! I had the fish in a bucket on my table near the tank and there was a weird noise behind me and when I look what do i see? Yep, Mr lawnmower flopping on the floor. He fell about 3 feet too onto pergo wood floors. I put him back in the bucket and he seems fine thankfully.
Can't believe he jumped like that and lived. I also don't believe I actually picked up a flopping fish with my bare hands. LOL

Will try to get some pictures later after he settles into the tank.

Went shopping today and got myself a lawnmower blenny. This tank really really needs it. LOL

It's been tragic though already! I had the fish in a bucket on my table near the tank and there was a weird noise behind me and when I look what do i see? Yep, Mr lawnmower flopping on the floor. He fell about 3 feet too onto pergo wood floors. I put him back in the bucket and he seems fine thankfully.
Can't believe he jumped like that and lived. I also don't believe I actually picked up a flopping fish with my bare hands. LOL

Will try to get some pictures later after he settles into the tank.
Congrats!! I love Lawnmowers! Now you have two, right? I can't wait for the pictures, and I am glad you got him after he jumped out!

Yeah, this is my second one. lol I really really like the one I had and figured since I have a tank full of algae why not? He'll be fine for the 60g tank too so I thought about that as well.

Still can't believe he jumped. hehe...he is in the tank now adn teh barnacle blenny is giving him grief so I have the lights out. Picture when everyone chills out some. lol

Yeah, this is my second one. lol I really really like the one I had and figured since I have a tank full of algae why not? He'll be fine for the 60g tank too so I thought about that as well.

Still can't believe he jumped. hehe...he is in the tank now adn teh barnacle blenny is giving him grief so I have the lights out. Picture when everyone chills out some. lol

Sounds good!

Those are awesome fish! While magfloating the glass today my firefish tried to jump, but luckily I had my mesh top or she would've been to the Moon by how fast and hard she jumped!

Back
Top Bottom