Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TLTGF said:
Those are awesome fish! While magfloating the glass today my firefish tried to jump, but luckily I had my mesh top or she would've been to the Moon by how fast and hard she jumped!

My gosh my wrasse jumped atleast 2 feet from the water when he was being acclimated

Since i had the lights out the barnacle blenny hasnt bothered the lawnmower. I had the lights on for a bit to see if he would eat, he didn't. But he appears to be fighting back with the barnacle so it's calmer now that the barnacle knows he can't push the new guy around. lol

Managed to get a so so shot of my newest addition, here he is!

img_1789606_0_092764c70878a409823d790705f24d65.jpg

img_1789606_1_6893b97e925bec36a8d4dd21e3b55327.jpg

Awesome pictures! I may have to get one for my 125g. They eat flakes and frozen too, right?

They are cool! I always had one in every system i've kept. Even though they are a bit bland looking, they do make up for that with personality.

My lawnmower in my 125g is quite the character. lol he comes out and watches what I'm doing like a nosy neighbor.

BUT I may have an aggression issue between him and the barnacle blenny. The lawnmower is up hiding on top of a powerhead. :-( Every time he comes down the barnacle chases him. Oh and another revelation, a 20g tank is too small for a lawnmower. lol Can't wait to get the 60g up and running.

If I had to move him or the barnacle which tank would be best? I already have one in my 125g and I think the barnacle might be too small for it as well. :-( I was hoping to get a midas blenny for the 90g tank. Would the midas and the lawnmower work out together in that tank?

Any opinions and thoughts are welcome.

Here just some thoughts I had about the situation:

Maybe the aggression will die down after the two Blennies are in the tank for a while, or maybe they will get along better in the 60g, where there is more space.

If you did decide to move the Lawnmower, I think I would try him in the 90g with the Midas. I'm thinking it might work out a little better with the Midas and Lawnmower because the Midas swims a lot (right?). Also, if it was possible to do so, you could try adding the Midas and Lawnmower at the same time.

I hope these thoughts were helpful. :)

Thanks so much! Yeah, things arent much better today. The poor lawnmower is stuck sitting on a powerhead casue the barnacle won't let him near the rocks. he won't let ANY fish near the rocks. My engineer goby was kicked out of his burrow too and is stuck in a corner where he dug it out. :-(

I was also thinking of putting the b&w clowns in the 90g too. It's getting awful crowded in there! LOL

I really would like to keep the lawnmower in the 20g cause of the algae, but not sure the barnacle can make it in the 90g or in the 125g. He is still small just with a bad attitude. lol

Thanks so much! Yeah, things arent much better today. The poor lawnmower is stuck sitting on a powerhead casue the barnacle won't let him near the rocks. he won't let ANY fish near the rocks. My engineer goby was kicked out of his burrow too and is stuck in a corner where he dug it out. :-(

I was also thinking of putting the b&w clowns in the 90g too. It's getting awful crowded in there! LOL

I really would like to keep the lawnmower in the 20g cause of the algae, but not sure the barnacle can make it in the 90g or in the 125g. He is still small just with a bad attitude. lol

Well, how much smaller is the Barnacle than your Bream?

Sorry that things have't gotten better. :(

Oh the Bream is like a third the size of the barnacle. lol The fish in the 90g are for the most part kinda small, the barnacle would be with the right sized fish, just concerned he will bully the bream and the red coris. Those two are pretty small but I really don't want the barnacle to hurt anyone. :-(

I've read that a flame hawk should be avoided around small gobies and blennies as well so not sure if THAT would be another issue....

Having alot of tanks is kinda fun usually but then you have situations like this LOL

I don't know if this analogy relates but, when I added my pinktail and bursa trigger after my Humu trigger, the Humu would always pick at them and chase them around the tank to the point where I was scared for both their lives. So I added the pink tail and bursa trigger to my 150g 2 days earlier so they could establish their territory, which they did until I added the Humu trigger and he still chases and attacks them both so he's gotta go. Humu trigger is 5-6" and pinktail is 5" and the bursa is 4.5". My point is, once he starts picking on a fish I think it'll continue until they are separated

Oh the Bream is like a third the size of the barnacle. lol The fish in the 90g are for the most part kinda small, the barnacle would be with the right sized fish, just concerned he will bully the bream and the red coris. Those two are pretty small but I really don't want the barnacle to hurt anyone. :-(

I've read that a flame hawk should be avoided around small gobies and blennies as well so not sure if THAT would be another issue....

Having alot of tanks is kinda fun usually but then you have situations like this LOL

LOL. Maybe the Blenny wouldn't be as aggressive to the Bream and Red Coris since they were there first.....but I understand what you are talking about with the Hawk.....

Hey Carey, I heard from fort that you have a taotronics led fixture. Is it controller compatible? Is yours dimmable? How do/did you like it?

Mine is not dimmable or useable with a controller. Wish it was! LOL But for less than $200 it's a great deal in my opinion.

True. I'm really hoping the dimmable one is able to be used with a controller. Its definitely the cheapest high quality fixture on the market.

I would have to agree. Almost sorry I have the one I do and not the dimmable one. Do you have a link for the dimmable ones by chance?

Hey carry to keep the taotronics questions coming lol Im thinking of getting these for my 55 reef would you recommend? Would I need two 120w? Or could I do one 220w one? Also I'm trying not spend a ton of money

I have a group buy going for dimmable LEDs that are controllable from Apex or Reef Keeper. The price per fixture is $250. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you details. But, you would have to move quick.

Back
Top Bottom