Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #301
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I got motivated today so I added the remora pro skimmer to this tank.

Do you think it looks too busy now with all this gear hanging off of it?

The other skimmer I am contemplating now is a tunze or a nano remora but I fear I'll have the same issue with the sizes. I'm also gettting micro bubbles too. :-(

Look at the pictures below and let me know if it looks ok...
I don't think it is too busy, since the tank is the tank is the main focus . Ever since I got my skimmer working again in the red sea max for the first few hours it would have some micro bubbles, but would then stop. Good luck!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #302
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm gonna let it run for a few days and see what that gets me. I also could fill the tank up more as well, make for less of a water fall adn less bubbles being sucked back in from the skimmer.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #303
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was just wondering.....do you pick one day of the week to do maintenance on your tanks or do you spread it out?
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #304
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Since I have so many tanks I usually dedicate the weekends to main stuff like water changes. But for example I just now changed a filter sock on my 125g. I'll do small things here and there throughout the week.

My SW tanks get extra attention in that they are tested every few days so if I feel an extra pwc is in order I just do it.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #305
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

No one else but me thinks its too busy or too crowded? LOL

if you do just say so, I want the truth.

I'm debating buying a nano remora from a member but if its just 2 inches smaller it will still look obtrusive to me.

The in tank tunze won't be much better though. It hangs on the tank by a magnet.

I'm just so unsure. I know I don't need a skimmer on this size tank but wanted to go all out. Maybe I can save some of this money for my 90g build?

What would you guys do?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #306
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
No one else but me thinks its too busy or too crowded? LOL

if you do just say so, I want the truth.

I'm debating buying a nano remora from a member but if its just 2 inches smaller it will still look obtrusive to me.

The in tank tunze won't be much better though. It hangs on the tank by a magnet.

I'm just so unsure. I know I don't need a skimmer on this size tank but wanted to go all out. Maybe I can save some of this money for my 90g build?

What would you guys do?
It don't look bad at all. One thing you can do is lower your pump for your skimmer and you won't be able to see to behind the rocks
Old 09-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #307
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll be really honest - I think it does look busy. When I think of the reason for a rimless tank, it is to have clean, or as clean as possible, lines.

I had a vision for what a rimless, open-top aquarium with a pendant hanging light floating above, and that's it. No powerhead cords, no hob filters, and no skimmer.

How possible that is... it isn't, but I can totally understand where your mind is at.

I don't really have the answers as to how to change it, but to me, yes it looks like a rimless tank with half of it's rim gone.

I will add, that even though I do think it looks busy, I don't think it looks bad. Knowing what the equipment does, for me almost makes the stuff fade away.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #308
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I stacked against the back wall for this tank. I had to make room and re scape part of it today just to get the pump in. LOL

Thanks for your opinion. I'm gonna see if it doesn't grow on me. I hopefully will be moving this tank 3 feet to the left against a wall. I might be hanging some lighting over it then. And then the skimmer will have to go I think. Everything else will be streamlined I think and look much better.

choices adn more chocies...kinda in the air on this build.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #309
Aquarium Advice Addict

If I could have the perfect rimless it would have cordless PH's hidden behind the rocks facing outward, the heater would be behind the rocks near the sand, no thermometer or Magfloat showing, drilled in the back to accomodate small canister filter, and no skimmer. And like I said above, I would figure out some way to allow the light to "float" above the tank.

That's my perfect scenario.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #310
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Exactly! Very spartan looking but with a "wow" oh boy inside. Under blueish tinted leds'...now thats what I envision

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com