Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #331
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
I found it! I think......
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Harptail Blenny

That looks like an awesome fish! I love the yellow tail!

So is there a limit to how many little Gobies you can keep in a tank? I know i already asked about the Clown Gobies, but I was wondering if it was the same for all. Thanks.
__________________

__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #332
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
I think there is a limit, but I don't think i have found it yet. lol

So far I've picked out all very peaceful fish that are quite small and it's worked out fine. I'm most likely getting to the stocking cap for the tank anyways but since the fish are so small and mostly hiders I think that's why it is working.

The biggest fish in the tank is the one I got yesterday and he is about 1.5 inches long. Both clown gobies are about a half inch, they are really tiny. and the barnacle blenny is only about an inch himself. Oh almost forgot the two spot blenny, he is also about an inch long and just perches.

I figure on maybe 3 more fish that are small, maybe 4 tops. All depends on the size and temperment and how well my water parameters hold up. So far with weekly water changes the water is perfect, though I;m still showing a hint of nitrates. Working on getting that down to 0. One day.....
__________________

__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #333
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I think there is a limit, but I don't think i have found it yet. lol

So far I've picked out all very peaceful fish that are quite small and it's worked out fine. I'm most likely getting to the stocking cap for the tank anyways but since the fish are so small and mostly hiders I think that's why it is working.

The biggest fish in the tank is the one I got yesterday and he is about 1.5 inches long. Both clown gobies are about a half inch, they are really tiny. and the barnacle blenny is only about an inch himself. Oh almost forgot the two spot blenny, he is also about an inch long and just perches.

I figure on maybe 3 more fish that are small, maybe 4 tops. All depends on the size and temperment and how well my water parameters hold up. So far with weekly water changes the water is perfect, though I;m still showing a hint of nitrates. Working on getting that down to 0. One day.....
Yeah, I have never seen any Clown Gobies in a LFS.....my eyes probably missed the LOL. Do you have any type of video on your Clown Gobies. A half-inch......wow.
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #334
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
yeah I lucked out finding them. I found them in a very very high end store that I sometimes stop in to look at stuff. I don't know why they had $10 fish but I'm thankful. I was going to order them online to get them. lol This same store also had the two spot blenny, which is kinda a hard fish to find, not mainstream at all.

I haven't made a video of this tank yet as there isn't much activity since everyone just hides unless it's feeding time. lol

Maybe I'll get on that soon. i like having videos I can look back on in youtube. I actually viewed my old fish, the ones that died a few months ago the other day....they were so cool...I miss them...but they live on in video! hehe
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #335
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
yeah I lucked out finding them. I found them in a very very high end store that I sometimes stop in to look at stuff. I don't know why they had $10 fish but I'm thankful. I was going to order them online to get them. lol This same store also had the two spot blenny, which is kinda a hard fish to find, not mainstream at all.

I haven't made a video of this tank yet as there isn't much activity since everyone just hides unless it's feeding time. lol

Maybe I'll get on that soon. i like having videos I can look back on in youtube. I actually viewed my old fish, the ones that died a few months ago the other day....they were so cool...I miss them...but they live on in video! hehe
I like doing the same kind of thing. I like looking at past photos and videos......it is so entertaining. So, when you had you Pico, you only had one Clown Goby in it, right?
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #336
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Yep, it was only a 4g so I didnt wanna push it. But it was chock full of corals, so many so I had to upgrade well before I thought I would.

Are you thinking of going with a pico?
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #337
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Yep, it was only a 4g so I didnt wanna push it. But it was chock full of corals, so many so I had to upgrade well before I thought I would.

Are you thinking of going with a pico?
Well, the thought has crossed my mind. The main focus for me right now is trying to find a 180g, for a decent price. The person emailed a few days ago hasn't responded yet, so I take it they already sold it. But I don't know about the pico, or some kind of small tank to work on. I probably won't do it, but I sure do want to, LOL. I'm not planning on it, but it would be awesome if I could!
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #338
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
How is your new Blenny doing?
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #339
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
He's just great. All five fish are happy and healthy. I will be re-doing the tank AGAIN so I will update after. Some of the corals are really taking off.
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:35 AM   #340
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
He's just great. All five fish are happy and healthy. I will be re-doing the tank AGAIN so I will update after. Some of the corals are really taking off.
How r my frags doing?!?! ;D
__________________

__________________
30g SW reef (moving)
120g SW reef (55g sump)
ignore my spelling! I'm a science major, not an English major
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tank2379 60G Cube Build Tank2379 Nano Reefs 49 05-14-2013 11:44 AM
Finally goin salty... My 10 gallon build Homedog98 Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 42 07-17-2011 06:28 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.