Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think two of the 120w panels would be prefect for a 55g. :)

If I had the money i would be getting more of the panels and putting them over m,y 125g reef. lol But maybe next time.....

I'm ordering one Friday it's been decided lol and the 2nd at the end of the month...how high should they be hung over the tank?

I'm going to start with 6 inches above the water. I believe thats the height Mr X has his panels at. :)

woohoo! I'm sure you'll love the lights, the blue light makes the corals glow crazy! lol

I only used it over my 20g for a few weeks, I have a picture of that. But I am in the actual build part of my 60g now and the lights will be up and mounted on my tank this week, hopefully anyways.....lol

img_1892908_0_007a8d935b963e1a83d44f2211c5a5e3.jpg

img_1892908_1_a41dfd9ef5a93d24f5347cb21b723461.jpg

That looks nice! I'm not sure where I'm going to put mine. I don't think it's going to be able to hang from the ceiling.

Looks nice! And I'll be following along now haha Im so excited to get these lights cause I was gonna get some new bulbs soon anyways so thought why not spend te extra money and get way better lights then t5s...sorry for the jack but one last question is there gonna need to be a light acclimation? Right now I just have 4x54 t5ho

I would start with the corals lower than you have them now and work those that need higher light closer to the light over a few weeks.

I was planning on using egg crate over my tank for this purpose, the corals that are going into this tank are already high in the tank on frag racks under 6 t5's on each side. :)

I agree, if you are gonna spend almost a hundred bucks on bulbs why not get a whole new, cheaper to run and longer lasting fixture.

I was thinking that I'd like to have the dimmable version of the LEDs we are using now, but I would be running them at full power anyway, so I guess it's a small matter at this point.

If I wasn't on my third led panel I would get the dimmable myself. LOL Came at the wrong time for me unfortunately.

As far as this tank though, the 20g rimless is now back full of water and just took the pictures of it for craigslist and my local reef club forum. I'm selling it with a skimmer, filter, lights and one koralia. I think it's a pretty good entry level tank as far as equipment goes. This tank was really neat and alot of fun to learn on. Now it's going into the 60g rimless cube. lol Got a taste for the rimless tanks so had to upgrade. hehe...

More on that build in that thread later. :-D

Back
Top Bottom