Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #351
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Was at the lfs near me buying cichlid food and found a cool looking fish. BUT I made a mistaske in buying it. LOL It's a convict goby and he is about one inch long. After I got home I looked him up and found out he is gonna have to go into the 125g when he gets bigger. they can get to a foot long live aquaria says. :-O

But I have him for now going in this 20g. He is acclimating right now. Here are some pictures, he was extremely active in the store and here so I have high hopes for him.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #352
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool beans. (Got to watch those impulse buys). LOL

I am picking up a couple of free corals this evening. A guy on the local reef club site posted that he wanted to help some beginners and I figured I fit the bill so I sent him a PM. Turns out I know him (sorta). He is a competitor of ours. LOL Anyway, he said he would pick out a couple of nice ones for me. Can't beat that with a stick.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #353
Aquarium Advice Addict

Are you sure on the size? The only one I could find on Live Aquaria was a Black Barred Convict Goby and it says "Max Size 1-1/2"
Old 10-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #354
Aquarium Advice Freak

Carey is right nelson, look up engineer goby its the same fish
Old 10-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #355
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootz View Post
Carey is right nelson, look up engineer goby its the same fish

You are absolutely right. Man, I can't believe I would question Carey when it comes to looking up fish on line. LOL I appreciate you setting me straight.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #356
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, it was $4.99 and so active i couldnt resist. I kinda figured it would get larger but not that large! lol

he is happily swimming around now hanging with the fangtooth blenny, they are the only two "swimmers" in the tank so I figure there is plenty of room. Girl at the LFS did say to get multiples though, and after researching it says that as well. Should I worry about just having one? I don't want to make it unhappy or anything. lol
Old 10-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #357
Aquarium Advice Freak

lol :P
Old 10-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #358
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Was at the lfs near me buying cichlid food and found a cool looking fish. BUT I made a mistaske in buying it. LOL It's a convict goby and he is about one inch long. After I got home I looked him up and found out he is gonna have to go into the 125g when he gets bigger. they can get to a foot long live aquaria says. :-O

But I have him for now going in this 20g. He is acclimating right now. Here are some pictures, he was extremely active in the store and here so I have high hopes for him.
Very nice! This is an awesome fish!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #359
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Kinda bored today and since I went fish shopping already this week I figured I;d take some pictures.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #360
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com