Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #371
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X
she's got a 150. that's the reason she's unhappy..lol. a couple actinics aren't going to make the difference she's looking for.
Oh lol. If I had the money I'd go with the SOL fixtures or just wait and use the metal hallide until I had enough.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #372
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The SOL's are supposed to be dropping in price aren't they since the new line is coming out soon? I read a press release not too long ago....

Also, since I haven't found anyone to buy my 20L FW setup I don't have any way to mount/hang the leds'... I'm still throwing ideas around in my head as far as making a mounting pole that attaches to the back of my stand BUT the stand I have now is from walmart and is completely open in the back so theres no where to attach it to...

Constant hurdles it seems with my builds LOL

Old 10-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #373
Aquarium Advice Addict

The tank looks great carey! It looks full of life and colorful. I even spotted your little Yellow Clown Goby!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #374
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I took the photos right after feeding so everyone was out and about. the clown gobys are much more active and viewable since I added the other fish. The only real hider I have now is the two spot blenny. lol

I'll add some new photos of the added rock and the new coral arrangement later.

As a side question, I have a very tall toadstool leather int he tank, when i went to move it today I found it had attached its SIDE to the rock it was leaning against. I left it be because I wasnt sure if pulling it off would have been healthy for it...so I left it as is. But I see this as being a slight issue moving forward if i were to move the coral like I want to. Any thoughts?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #375
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool, can't wait ti see more photos! Glad everyone is doing well. Do you have any close ups of the fish?
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #376
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'll have to take a few, since they are all so small I have to really get up in their face lol.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #377
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm down to two fixtures that I want to purchase. Either this one
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

OR this one

JBJ 24" TRINITY 4 x 24W High Output T5 Light Fixture - AquaCave

They both are individually reflected but the 1st one has moonlights and is a name brand kinda.

I'm kinda leaning towards the cheaper one so I can add my own bulbs if necessary,

What do you guys think?
Old 10-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #378
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ok, I changed my mind again. i am getting these lights now

2Ft/4Bulbs fixture

They have gotten great reviews on this site and it has four bulbs. Not separate reflectors though, the one I linked right above for ebay has reflectors for each bulb. Should I spend the extra $50 for this feature? I intend to keep a clam in this tank so I need some guidance here. lol

As far as bulbs I wanted to keep the two blue actinics that come with it probably change out the 2 10k bulbs for something bluer. Maybe an ati aquablue special, i think it's at 12k spectrum.

Thoughts, comments and suggestions on these two units and/or anything as far as bulbs I would appreciate it.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #379
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
that's pretty cheap, and looks nice. i also like the external ballasts. only a 4 lamp fixture though? i wonder if you'll be able to keep sps in this tank. you already know what bulbs i like.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #380
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

aq 6 bulb unit is too wide to fit on the tank. I only have 12 inches from front to back. I have about 13 inches of water to penetrate so I was hoping i could get by with the 4 bulb.

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com