Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #421
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i picked mine up from my lfs. I just did a search and can't find any online retailers with it unfortunately...

here's what i did find

Amazon.com: External / Hang On Plastic Aquarium Fish Breeding Box Satellite L (new): Pet Supplies

Old 11-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #422
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oops also found this one

External HOB Refugium / Breeder

I was going to buy it from finnex at first but saw it in store for $15 so I got that one.

I tried the air pump for circulating the water but either my pump isnt enough air or it doesnt work too well. I am gonna get a rio 200 pump and use that instead. Should give me great flow and my lfs was using the same setup in one of his tanks.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #423
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey carey, sorry to hijack but is a hob filter ok on a nano tank?

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #424
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, perfectly fine.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #425
Aquarium Advice Activist

Carey quick question what do u do when you go away !!! In the summer I'm away at least 3 times for a week how do u feed corals ?? And I thought I had a plan for the fish but it did not work was going to use a ehiem feeder with new spectrum pellets but I tried it last night and it failed miserably the pellets sucked right down the overflow !! My wife said I could not get a tank because we travel I told her I had it covered !!! Online people say you can go without feeding them 4 a week !! I can not see that they allways look hungry all day let alone a week !!! And how often do u feed corals ??? Thanks 4 all your help I'll put pics up soon tank up and running LEDs in and rock looks awsome !!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #426
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I don't feed my corals so no problem there. As far as the feeder did you try putting it as far away as possible from the overflow? Or maybe try flake food while youre away. And yes, the fish can be ok for up to a week without food, they won't starve...
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #427
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Yep, perfectly fine.
Awsome the reason I asked is because after my biocube is all settled in I'm going to upgrade my 10g FW to a 29 gallon planted. Then I'll have a perfectly good empty ten gallon tank with heater and filter. It would be a shame to have an empty tank soooo...... Nano reef (but not for another year or so)

Old 11-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #428
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sounds like a plan, just keep in mind smaller tanks are more work at the end of the day. Things go south pretty fast in sw and even faster in a 10g tank.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #429
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah it'll be a real challenge. Atleast I'll have a year+ of SW experience under my belt.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #430
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Picked up a blue gonipora today.

Unfortunately it hasn't opened so I can take a picture! LOL Hopefully tomorrow.

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com