Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #491
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm sorry about your clam. Atleast it wasn't about your parameters.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #492
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, the water is spot on, finally hit 0 nitrates in the tank too.

I may add another fish here or there but I think until the 60g rimless is here I will just be maintaining this tank and not really advancing it. :-(

it's pretty much just a coral frag tank now anyways LOL.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #493
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Yeah, the water is spot on, finally hit 0 nitrates in the tank too.

I may add another fish here or there but I think until the 60g rimless is here I will just be maintaining this tank and not really advancing it. :-(

it's pretty much just a coral frag tank now anyways LOL.
Do you know the name of the store you get your cheapest corals from? I just wanna know if they can ship
Old 12-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #494
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's a combination of like 3 stores that I get them from and I know they don't ship. :-( Too snooty for that LOL The one store in orlando has extremely nice corals and very expensive BUT they have a $10 and $20 frag section that I shop from.

I'm hoping to place an order from saltwater2go soon for some zooas and might try Mr coral.com as well.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #495
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
It's a combination of like 3 stores that I get them from and I know they don't ship. :-( Too snooty for that LOL The one store in orlando has extremely nice corals and very expensive BUT they have a $10 and $20 frag section that I shop from.

I'm hoping to place an order from saltwater2go soon for some zooas and might try Mr coral.com as well.
Mr. Coral is about an hour drive for me so I'll wait till you order to see if it's worth it lol
Old 02-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #496
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Went shopping today and got myself a lawnmower blenny. This tank really really needs it. LOL

It's been tragic though already! I had the fish in a bucket on my table near the tank and there was a weird noise behind me and when I look what do i see? Yep, Mr lawnmower flopping on the floor. He fell about 3 feet too onto pergo wood floors. I put him back in the bucket and he seems fine thankfully.
Can't believe he jumped like that and lived. I also don't believe I actually picked up a flopping fish with my bare hands. LOL

Will try to get some pictures later after he settles into the tank.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #497
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Went shopping today and got myself a lawnmower blenny. This tank really really needs it. LOL

It's been tragic though already! I had the fish in a bucket on my table near the tank and there was a weird noise behind me and when I look what do i see? Yep, Mr lawnmower flopping on the floor. He fell about 3 feet too onto pergo wood floors. I put him back in the bucket and he seems fine thankfully.
Can't believe he jumped like that and lived. I also don't believe I actually picked up a flopping fish with my bare hands. LOL

Will try to get some pictures later after he settles into the tank.
Congrats!! I love Lawnmowers! Now you have two, right? I can't wait for the pictures, and I am glad you got him after he jumped out!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #498
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, this is my second one. lol I really really like the one I had and figured since I have a tank full of algae why not? He'll be fine for the 60g tank too so I thought about that as well.

Still can't believe he jumped. hehe...he is in the tank now adn teh barnacle blenny is giving him grief so I have the lights out. Picture when everyone chills out some. lol
Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #499
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Yeah, this is my second one. lol I really really like the one I had and figured since I have a tank full of algae why not? He'll be fine for the 60g tank too so I thought about that as well.

Still can't believe he jumped. hehe...he is in the tank now adn teh barnacle blenny is giving him grief so I have the lights out. Picture when everyone chills out some. lol
Sounds good!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #500
Aquarium Advice Addict

Those are awesome fish! While magfloating the glass today my firefish tried to jump, but luckily I had my mesh top or she would've been to the Moon by how fast and hard she jumped!

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com