Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry this is a bit off topic but back to the point, my 90l aqua el tank is, judging by what you have posted, rimless. The aqua el tanks come rimless with black silicone, with a plastic tray for it to sit in, to look like a base, and a hood with (crappy) lights. My two tanks have never broke or cracked or had any problems since I got them. They are cheap, and normally come with a sponge filter, but you can put other media inside and heater included too. I hadn't thought of them as rimless until now, but take away the plastic bottom thing, which does nothing apart from the look, and its the same as the mr aqua.

Sorry again just wanted to let you guys in on my discovery.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So I think I decided on 2 koralia 550's. They are about $24 a piece. I'm also very interested these lights

Aquatic Life Expandable LED Fixtures | LED | PetSolutions

They come with a tank leg system and I woudl want two of them.

Will it be enough?

Or do i stick with the PAR38 bulbs?

Old 08-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

Let us know how that goes, cause my next project is just around the corner and I've been waiting to see what you go with.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:08 AM   #74
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

It's about 24"x18"x18". 40ish gallons.

Guy seems to really like it and it has really good spread in that tank.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:28 AM   #75
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Amazon.com: Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Lamb Grow Light 120W-provide light that have the same effect as natural sunlight and hence offers a very good growing habitat for green aquatic seaweeds corals fish etc: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Apparently these are pretty good for the price. The cooling fans are cheap but they have the 4 pin molex connectors like regular pc fans. So you can change them.

They use 3 watt semi led's and one user has a single one over a 56G tank with anemone and he says everything is thriving . You can also change out the LED's so in the future you can go with newer cree models down the line

they are the same as the ALIBABA.com lights from what owners are saying .
Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #76
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm still stuck on how to mount them though. The stripes seem like the way to go but Ihave no idea how to get them over the tank without some kind of bracket. I've been looking at DJ can light mounting but it is 6 feet tall and thats a bit too high for my tank. lol
Old 08-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #77
Aquarium Advice Freak

Is your tank open top if it is you could hang it some how form the ceiling
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So before the storm i figured I;d take some new photos of the tank as it is now. I added the rest of the pico rock towards the back as I figure it will give me a better base for corals. I;m over 25lbs of rock so far and was planning on adding more to make some shelves for more corals. Not so sure anymore it looks pretty full of rock. LOL

But anyways here are the pictures

I'm fixing to buy the two new koralia 550's very soon so hopefully the sand shifting will stop. My corals keep falling down. LOL

Still testing at 0 ammonia and nitrites and about 5 on the nitrates. So it looks like a had a day long blip and the biofilter took care of the rest. I am so happy, was worried I moved everything too soon. Still gonna wait a wek or two to move the clowns over and whenever my barnacle blenny gets here
I';ll be adding that before the clowns. Idon't think they will be shipping the blenny til after the storm passes so i can understand the delay. Plus the blenny is about an inch long so his bioload shouldnt really impact the tank I'm hoping anyways. lol

It's thursday and I usually go aquaria shopping on thursday or friday but I may stay in cause of the storm, I wanna be here in case something goes wrong.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve03 View Post
Is your tank open top if it is you could hang it some how form the ceiling

I really wish I could do that, make things so much simpler. But the ceiling starts at about 10 feet high and is on a slope. I also cant use the back wall cause its against a window. :-( I would love to setup a plant hanging shelf on the wall and just hang from there but alas the stupid window is there.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #80
Aquarium Advice Freak

I see, what about a pole thats bent over the tank lol I don't know just throwing it out their

Tags
build, led, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com