Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #131
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's ok. I talked to them in person and confirmed they were for aquariums. That's how I found out about the daily deal. So do you think this is a good idea to purchase. I need to work

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 06-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice Freak

Opps hit the send button. I need to work on my hubby this weekend. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 06-28-2014, 03:45 AM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I would go with the kessil at the price above, really cant beat it. And its an awesome light to boot.

Sorry melissa you got stuck with the orbits, i had my doubts about them going in but at least i have other tanks. lol The kessil will work with controllers too if that ever catches your fancy.

The scooter is still eating brine, I tried little baby pellets but it was a no go.

Whats really cute is the hawaiian hawk fish is by his side 24/7 Not sure why, even when the scooter is under the sand the hawk is right by his side the whole time. My little buddies. hehe

Hoping to work on the 60g this weekend. I need a place toput the pixie hawkfish, he is still terrorizing the other fish in the 40. He has stayed away from the scooter thankfully, but he is still trouble.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #134

Wich orbits are not high enough and are we talking on corals I just got my orbit in you scared me

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 06-28-2014, 02:59 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's funny about the scooter and hawk! Maybe you have discovered an unknown symbiotic relationship, hehe. Keep us updated on the 60g progress.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #136
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ravden, I am talking about the orbit marine lights that have the sunsets and thunder storm settings. They are not enough light for hardly anything more than softies, and it depends on the tank depth ALOT. I have a shallow 40b tank and am keeping all softies and some LPS. My anemone is needing much more light than this light provides.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:12 AM   #137

Yeap that's the one I got, hope I don't run in that issue

Old 06-29-2014, 12:25 AM   #138
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

How big is your tank? Like how deep? And what kinds of corals do you want to keep? A nem is out of the question and SPS as well, even high up it didnt do well. It was fine for like 2 months, maybe, and then bam it just bleached out from the bottom up.
SOme of my zooas are stretching as well, which is odd since they need lesser light than most corals. But keep in mind my tank is shallow. Placement could play a role but I tried alot of corals in alot of spots until I got to where i am now with them.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #139

It's gonna be a 30 long and kinda shallow, and for corals probably just the low level stuff to start off with

Old 06-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well, at first you should be fine. But when you start wanting anemones and SPS coral you will be upgrading your lights.

I was very productive overnight. Got the return on the 40b replumbed. Moved out the mag9.5 and moved in a mag5 which is doing a stellar job. The sand bed is nice and calm and the fish hopefully will do better. The scooter is eating sporadically, not looking good for him unfortunately. I will be buying some live brine on tuesday so he can have his fill. Knew i shouldnt have gotten the fish, just knew it. Sometimes we know better but do it anyways.

Tags
care, pic, picture, pictures, question, questions, tan, tank, tanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com