Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #261
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I posted the controller on craigslist for 124 and the ro/di unit for 75. Heres hoping I get some responses. If I get those two things sold at the asking price, which is totally a good price, I will have paid 0 for the rest of the stuff. lol

One of the filters, well, he gave me two, are on dr fosters and smith for 169 each. They are just particulate filters, kinda works like a ro sediment filter but comes in a canister filter setup. Think I may use one or the two of them on the new 180g cichlid tank. They are a bit rusty so i cant really re-sell them. But i would be happy to just get my $200 back, Im not the greedy type. lol

Old 08-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #262
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Got some updates on my tanks!

I knew it was coming, but the toadstool didnt make it. He rotted from the center and when I went to move him he just kinda fell apart. I got the largest piece out and am running a bunch of carbon now since it stunk like something I have never before smelled. It was awful. :-(

Now, not sure if this is due to the toafstoll dying but my rbta split last night. I now have two small anemones. I have never had one split before, its kinda cool.
I now have an issue though for this 60g....the radion will not program and its the usb port on the unit so I have to send it back to ecotech to get fixed. SOOO that means no light over the 60g where the anemones are and a rack full of acans. I dont think I have enough room in the 40b for em an if I put the acan frags in the 180g I know pootie will take them and hide them. He does this with any frag I put in the tank. lol I dont want to glue them either as its only a temporary location for the acans.
Oh well, guess I will have to be creative. lol

Old 08-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #263
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

What gen is the Radion? I'm assuming the latest third gen, but I struggled greatly with the first gen units getting them to update. Now that I have two second gens, no issues. Tie that all into the Reeflink and the world is wonderful.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #264
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My radion is the first gen. :-( i got it used from ebay. It works fine just cant program it. lol
I hope it doesnt cost too much to fix. I am hoping to have them install the new outer body upgrade too so it looks like a gen3.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:04 AM   #265
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Well, I don't know about price but the guys at Ecotech are GREAT to work with. When they were helping with the warranty issue on my Gen 1, always in contact with me.
You could try to figure out what it would cost from their parts store? EcoTech Marine Store
Old 08-19-2014, 12:32 AM   #266
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, the part I need is fused to the board inside. :-(

If you wiggle the cable while the usb is hooked up it will connect but its horrible to try to program and wiggle at the same time. lol

I wrote them a few months ago and they promised to send a new usb cable. Took several months but I finally got one. But their email response time seems very good. Hopefully they keep up the good service and get it back to me in a decent timeframe.

I found an old t5 quad bulb fixture in my section of fish stuff in the garage so I will use that for the time being. That should work, I hope.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #267
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

In the section of fish stuff in the garage...lucky...
Old 08-19-2014, 01:05 AM   #268
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL I have a double car garage and the entire back end is absolutely FUll of fish stuff. Not to mention the 180g and two 180g stands I have in there. I'd say its 80% full of fish stuff. lol Who needs to park their car in the garage anyways? hehe

I setup the t5 fixture just now and had to put it front to back rather than left to right, the stupid skimmer is in the way. But it is working ok. I had forgotten how "dim" the t5's were, I will have to move the acan colony on the bottom up I bet and I hope the nems will be ok with the lower light for a few weeks. I would guess it will take at least 2 weeks to get the radion back.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:38 AM   #269
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ok, so just wondering what you guys think of the differences between gen 1 , gen2 and gen 3 radions. is there really a huge difference between them all? I was thinking that if the cost is high for the usb to be repaired I might just get the upgrade to the gen2 which is like $175. I do not keep any high light sps right now and dotn really see myself getting that into them so is the gen 1 still a good choice?

Thanks! let me know!
Old 08-19-2014, 02:58 AM   #270
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Somewhere between the gen 1 and 3 they did optics changes I think...I'm not really that sure. All of them are more than able to keep whatever you could ever want to under them. That would be a solid choice if it was cheaper.

Tags
care, pic, picture, pictures, question, questions, tan, tank, tanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com