Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #311
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I'm having the same issue as you in my 29 Carey except with gha. Can't figure it out so I'm pinpointing it to rocks leaching it out. Just keep fighting!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #312
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm going to give Nualgi a try in my reef, as I gave bubble and a couple others (with near zero Phosphate). I have not seen anything bad about it, so I figure might as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 09-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #313
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I dosed tonight with chemiclean so hopefully it will be gone in the morning. I have been adding algaefix every 3 days and it seems to half way kill off the fuzzy green stuff.

But I really need someones help with my light. I have the radion but can't seem to get the programming down right. What I need is someone with the same light to either email a file with the program they are using or maybe hold my hand as far as explaining things. Half the corals in the tank are loving the light and half are not liking it at all.
The leathers are really liking it but all the acans are closed. The two bubble tips havent opened since they split either. But they havent moved either which they tend to do when they are unhappy somewhere. So it beats me.....
Help if you can! Or any suggestions are welcome as well.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:08 AM   #314
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Carey, get Jonathan's graph from Ecotech. Works great...as I would expect from the people that work with these lights.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:38 AM   #315
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

where would i get that from? I have searched ecotechs site for models but cant find any.
:-(
Old 09-25-2014, 12:39 AM   #316
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I don't remember where I ended up getting it from...but I'm sure they would email it to you if you asked. Good old fashioned google search might do it too.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #317
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear about the issues with the 60g. I agree, I know so very little on the equipment/maintenance side of things. Livestock is where I seem to do okay! LOL. I am currently getting my 29g ready for a nice big overhaul...then it's time for some new friends for the tank.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #318
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Very cool, looking forward to seeing what you come up with Red.

I cut the lights off early in the 60g and the chemiclean took care of only a little bit of the red slime. Gonna give it another day and then maybe do a water change.
I've even tested the incoming ro/di water to make sure I wasnt bringing in phosphates or nitrates or even silicates but it all came back zero.
sigh**
Old 09-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #319
Aquarium Advice Addict

Carey, how is the Betta tank going? Sooo curious!

I'm hoping the 60g cooperates with you soon!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #320
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The betta tank has some plants, live ones, lol, for now anyways. Due to budget constraints this month the actual betta fish had to be postponed. lol I'm hoping in the next 2 weeks or so. Me and the hubby have been looking at them in petco and walmart and just seeing whats out there. Found a couple real beauties at petco, so hopefully we find some similar when its time.

The 60g is still not right. The corals are coming around a wee little bit as of this morning. The two anemones are coming out like less than a quarter inch, just enough to see the tips. They have been completely closed since they went in so thats an improvement. Still have the algae going on, planning a water change for today actually, for both the 40 and the 60g. Hoping that perks things up. I am kinda wondering if the cement stuff we used to bond the rock has anything to do with the issues I am having. I tested for silicates though with nothing, I even tested for copper just for kicks, with nothing.
The darn 60g is always my problem child. LOL And the 40 right behind it. lol

The 180g runs pretty easy and the 90 you barely know you have to do maintenance on it. hehe
The 180g is doing well, the few corals I have in there have taken to the t5's again and all is well. Got a good amount of coralline growing everywhere, especially where I cant reach it. The 90 is good as well, still thinking of a fish or two to add to that tank. I'm thinking wrasses but who knows with me! haha

Tags
care, pic, picture, pictures, question, questions, tan, tank, tanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com