Carl's 180 reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't add any more tangs. Especially not a powder blue (because they are very aggressive), or an achilles (they are not the easiest tangs to keep happy). I don't think you have any more room for tangs.

mr_X said:
I wouldn't add any more tangs. Especially not a powder blue (because they are very aggressive), or an achilles (they are not the easiest tangs to keep happy). I don't think you have any more room for tangs.

Ehh ****. Well I guess I should plan a 450 for the next time we move in 18 months!

I've been thinking of getting rid of the tomini tang since he's not one of my favs. The wife really wants an Achilles and so do I. I'm setting my qt. back up and I can get a healthy specimen for 120$ if I have to I'd sacrifice the hippo too.

Go for a 500. 8' x 4' x 25" tall. That's the tank I would have purchased if I could afford it.
Glass cages sells it for $2669.00 bare bones. It will probably end up being about $3500.00 after all the extras. Good luck with the achilles.

mr_X said:
Go for a 500. 8' x 4' x 25" tall. That's the tank I would have purchased if I could afford it.
Glass cages sells it for $2669.00 bare bones. It will probably end up being about $3500.00 after all the extras. Good luck with the achilles.

I was actually thinking a 10' x 3'6" x 24" tall. I'd say that's roughly 527 gallons. I'd use my current setup as the sump and just add it on. :)

Reefnoob84 said:
I was actually thinking a 10' x 3'6" x 24" tall. I'd say that's roughly 527 gallons. I'd use my current setup as the sump and just add it on. :)

Yes, do that.

Got a very nice new frag of orange bam bams!

Attachments

• image-1630821876.jpg
    image-1630821876.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom