Originally Posted by Ibrahim
Mdf is known to grow mold and snap under moist conditions so it's dangerous to use on a stand. And that's because it absorbs moisture and it will weaken over time.
Look at the frame. The mdf will in no way be any type of support. Its cost effective and very easy to work with.
We changed direction on sump location and r keeping it where it is so mold will not be a problem. I'm a mold inspector and I have kids so I know what to look for. Plus mold does not grow off synthetic things, only dirt or dust that is on it once it gets wet and stays moist for 48 hrs.
That's why when u have a water damage and you. Call a company they want to put 3-4 dehus in. You as a homeowner seeing the cost freak out but if u dry up a finished basement in under 48hrs you'll save a lot and have very little chance of mold