Catalufa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just got a popeye catalufa and i checked the net on info but there isnt much
so the question is:
how much does it grow????? or how long

thx
uhh
it doesn't move lol
y? IS IT SUPPOSED OR...i dont no
the info online is very scarce so if any one can share their exp with the fish ...
and...blahblah blah thx

oh and does it only eat fish because i fed it it shrimp the other day but it doesnt eat it so i fed it fish today but

It sounds like you are dealing with a creature that is not very common. I am very suprised that no one has had anything to add about your fish. I found this description of a close relative of your fish. Maybe it will help you.

A 70 gallon or larger aquarium with generous amounts of live rock, hiding places, and swimming room provides a good environment. It will do well with others of its own species as long as there are adequate hiding locations and plenty of space. It will eat invertebrates such as worms (includes fireworms), crustaceans, and serpent stars. It is a nocturnal fish and hides while the lights are on.
When first introduced into the aquarium, live saltwater feeder shrimp should be used to entice this fish to eat. The diet should vary between live feeder shrimps, freeze-dried shrimps, chopped marine meats.

They tend to be deeper water fish and nocturnal. So I would imagine they might need a cooler tank.

Back
Top Bottom