caynobacteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi all i think i have cayno bacteria growing in my tank its like a red purple carpet growing over my sand bed. i can add to remove it or any fish invert. is there any treatments i can add that will eat it. and is cayno bad and if so why thanks guys

I would start siphoning it out every pwc and change more water every pwc until it's gone. Also be sure not to over feed .

Its not that easy . It will take a while to be rid of it. As long as you keep up the water changes and don't over feed it will eventually go away but it will be a battle lol.

I was having trouble with it also. I siphoned it out and it looked great but always came back. I was good with feeding an run gfo. I couldn't stop it! I slowed it down though. Red slime remover did the trick great!

Red slime remover does not fix the problem. Nutrient problems can only be fixed by export. No chemical you dump in risking livestock will solve that.

Many people use this product with no regard.

can you elabourate please in regards to flow

circulation the more circulation keeps it off the sand and air born till it hits the media in your filter
I had tons when I started till I learned circulation is your friend also try not to over feed the tank , turkey baster 2 times a day keeps the cayno build up to a minimum also weekly water changes and good clean up crew the snails plow through that stuff

Schism said:
Red slime remover does not fix the problem. Nutrient problems can only be fixed by export. No chemical you dump in risking livestock will solve that.

Many people use this product with no regard.
I reduced my feedings and there is high flow down there. I stopped it from growing. Red slimmer remover gets it done fast. I isn't want to wait. Start reading the thread before u make comments like that!

TigerBarbs said:
I reduced my feedings and there is high flow down there. I stopped it from growing. Red slimmer remover gets it done fast. I isn't want to wait. Start reading the thread before u make comments like that!

Umm excuse me? Did i miss something? How is what i said false in any way? Also it was my advise. If you want to put it in your tank thats YOUR choice.

Oh and if you couldnt stop it then you couldnt control the nutrient issue. There is only one reason this stuff grows, and the lack of red slime remover in your tanks is not the reason.....

If i said something please inform me. And i was not a comment it was a factual statement. Go read

Just because the cyano is gone doesn't mean the nutrient problem is. If there's enough to cause cyano it's usually enough to do harm.

crister13 said:
Just because the cyano is gone doesn't mean the nutrient problem is. If there's enough to cause cyano it's usually enough to do harm.

^ ding ding ding

Bingo crister

Im not gonna be more immature than i was like schism and keep going on here. Im sorry Craig_will2513 that this was going on in your thread while u were looking for answers.

TigerBarbs said:
Im not gonna be more immature than i was like schism and keep going on here. Im sorry Craig_will2513 that this was going on in your thread while u were looking for answers.

Im sorry, im not being immature. You called me out and told me not to make comments like that and i have no idea why? Sorry for this misunderstanding if there was one but im not going to take what i said back. What i said was fact in this hobby.

To the op, the thing is, yes, if you want to get rid of your cyano quickly and easily, use chemicals. BUT if you do, you STILL HAVE TO reduce the nutrients. If you can't stand the look but are willing to do the required maintenance to get rid of it, you could use the chemicals but get rid if the source afterward.

Back
Top Bottom