changes changes changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benjithecookiemonster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well..

To start off.. I have a 55 Gallon (wanna-be) reef aquarium.

I have had all types of little things in there over the past 2 years. About a year ago, when my tank was doing well, I had an anenome explosion... lol

FOR REAL

Poor thing got sucked up into a filter tube when i was cleaning the tank, got chewed up into pieces and then spit back into the tank. :(

Everything died except for the starfish and shrimps.

well.. time has passed and i have just found out, being new to all of this, that the filters I have been using were not the correct filters.

Emperor filters that came with the tank.. (pet-co)"big mistake"

anyway... i have someone giving me betetr advise than the noob-fishers at pet-co finally and boy.... i have to change my whole set-up now.

He is customizing me a sump (which I didn't have), i have to remove the olf filters and replace with the two (2) new filters that are being provided with the sump and add a can filter for more water flow.

My concern is the little things I have living in the tank at the moment.

When i make this switch over, will they be too stressed out to survive the change of flow and what-not?

My friend told me that he is totally surprised that they have lived this long in my tank. :(

i dunno... just new at this and any advice is appreciated.

I have a 72g bow with a 55 plumbed into it as my frag tank (total of about 180g with my sumps). I change 35-40g every other week with out fail (about 25%). I have a lot of SPS corals and a healthy bio load of fish. I like to keep my water as prestine as possible. By doing PWCs every other week I replinish the trace elements that are depleted from my system. Depending on what you are going to stock your tank with you may not need to do PWCs as frequently.

Back
Top Bottom