changing tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mpitt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had a 55 gallon reef tank for almost three years now. I just bought a new 100 gallon tank with overflow. My question is if i move everything from my 55 to my 100, how long should i wait to add my fish?

Yes! I have about 60 pounds now I will
Be adding a lot more.

Mpitt said:
Yes! I have about 60 pounds now I will
Be adding a lot more.

I would try to get the additional rock and do all the rock at one time.If you are adding base rock to might avoid a mini-cycle.

Ok thank for the advise. You wouldn't know a good led light system to look at would you. I've been looking online but can't seem to choose a good one.

Mpitt said:
Ok thank for the advise. You wouldn't know a good led light system to look at would you. I've been looking online but can't seem to choose a good one.

Sorry,hopefully someone else will chime in on those.I do MH and T5 combo.I do know for your size tank they would be big bucks.

I thought about doing that? Are the bulbs for the MH systems very expensive and how often do you have to change them?

Mpitt said:
I thought about doing that? Are the bulbs for the MH systems very expensive and how often do you have to change them?

They run anywhere from 30 to over a hundred.Depends on the ones you get,they are like any bulbs,everyone has an opinion on which are the best.Normally only have to change out once a year.

Back
Top Bottom