Changing tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Openbrain

Aquarium Advice Activist
K. I have a established 30 gallon bow front with a canister filter. I have a 55 gallon that I would like to put everything in and change the crushed coral with the black sand I bought.

How do I do this? Lol

Simple. Get water in the new tank and add the sand. Add a couple additional lbs of rock and check on the parameters incase there is a spike from the die off. Then moving over the rock and checking parameters again. Then livestock and canister.

AquaRick said:
^+1
Just use all new water. Don't keep the old stuff.

Ok one more question.

I'm about 3/4 full of water now and waiting on the temperature to measure the same.

Does the canister need to be transferred and then ran for awhile before I add the fish?

Here is a pic

image-2328547930.jpg

And the old

Attachments

• image-1559711220.jpg
    image-1559711220.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 83
Sniperhank said:
Simple. Get water in the new tank and add the sand. Add a couple additional lbs of rock and check on the parameters incase there is a spike from the die off. Then moving over the rock and checking parameters again. Then livestock and canister.

Please answer !!! :)))

Sniperhank said:
No. just switch the canister over when you are switching the fish over. Give it a good cleaning before hooking it back up.

I just got this. I changed the polishing pad out. I was afraid to mess with the rest due to losing my cycle.

I will rinse it again in two weeks and change the carbon media.

It looks great!!

image-1285536658.jpg

Openbrain said:
I just got this. I changed the polishing pad out. I was afraid to mess with the rest due to losing my cycle.

I will rinse it again in two weeks and change the carbon media.

It looks great!!

It does look great! :D good job!

What is that blue fish I got one with a black spot on the back for three dollars

Back
Top Bottom