check out my first set of pics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think every tank can cycle different, mabey a week if your luckey a month if your not, i didnt add a portien skimmer untill i got diatom algae growing. i dont think protien skimmers are needed right away but when you add it and see what it collects you will wonder how your tank got by with out it.

lol im still trying to figure out which one to get errrrr the berlin classic turbo?

ok my sand bed is fine right ? and the rock looks pretty good?

i have another 40 coming this tuesday and im plannign on buying another 45 lbs 0X

You need to run your tests. Make sure there was some ammonia in teh beginning and that there is no longer ammonia or nitrite. Then it is cured and ready

i do run tests everytihng is right i willsee it spike up on tuesday i guess when the caribian rock comes

Test your water like kevin said, when all the levels are at 0 then rock will be cured. You can also take the rock out of the tank and smell it, if it smells nasty, it isn't cured yet....if it smells like the ocean, it should be cured. Thats just a quick test to see how far along it is, your best bet to be sure would be to tests the ammonia and nitrite levels in the tank like Reefrunner said.

Ooopps, sorry, I didn't see that this post was more than a page! I was responding to the first page.....don't mind me! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom