Check out these rocks from Marcorocks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marco rocks is supposed to be pretty good stuff. I`ve heard several good reports.

Really that good? I've seen a few good reports too, but always find myself being cynical. How much per 50# if I can ask? (Yea, lazy tonight or I'd search it).

I like mine, it is super porous, plenty of room for the bacteria. I have noticed with that, you can find a lot of dead critters and should not be added to an established tank in large quantities (unless you cure it or at least clean off as much of the dead critters as possible).

I like mine, it is super porous, plenty of room for the bacteria. I have noticed with that, you can find a lot of dead critters and should not be added to an established tank in large quantities (unless you cure it or at least clean off as much of the dead critters as possible).
My tank is a fresh start up, much like making soup I'm throwing in everything including the kitchen sink. LOL

Thanks for the info and sorry for the thread hijack. We have a 100G frag tank and 50 and 125 reefs in the works so I've definitely taken note of the positive reports since we'll be needing quite a bit of rock.

You guys should get a comission! :)

Thanks for the info and sorry for the thread hijack. We have a 100G frag tank and 50 and 125 reefs in the works so I've definitely taken note of the positive reports since we'll be needing quite a bit of rock.

You guys should get a comission! :)
No problem, that stuff can get very expensive quickly especially up here in NY. I would love to take the credit but we must give it to captainAhab he hooked me up with the link in another thread.

Back
Top Bottom