Check out this skim?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wondering what you veterans think about this. Just want to know if it looks like it is dialed in properly?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1414170932789.jpg
    1414170932789.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 143
How long has it been collecting? It looks a little wet for my tastes ;) , I'd turn it down just a little bit

That's the thing it down all the way. I've had it collecting for about 14 days I'm going to take it apart and clean it today. I clean it about ever month or 2.

Oh then that's probably fine, get some more stock for the tank and put that bad boy to it's real use then :p

Really? My system is about 60 gal give or take a few gal. I have 5 fish right now I just don't want to over do it. Not sure how many fish I can get away with I had a yellow wards but it got murdered by my 6 LINE wards :(. So I've been hesitant to add any more fish it just seems like there is a good balance right now although I would love to add more.

Really depends on what the fish are as to how many/what to add. You could also add some coral/inverts too.

I have a good amount of verts in my CC and probably about 12 frags. Don't get mad but I have a blue tang although I plan to give him to some o,e with a bigger system but um hesitant cause he seems happy but I I'm Likely going to get him out.

I would re home the blue (ich sucks and a stressed blue is about as close to a guarantee as you can get in this hobby) but you could probably do one of the bristletooths (tomini and like are my favs).

Skim looks fine to me when it comes to a wet skim. I've never been able to get a skimmer dialed in to a point where mine looks that nice. Skimmers and I simply aren't friends.

It's funny cause if I adjust it any higher than the lowest setting it starts to flow over into the cup to much. I know it's at the correct depth cause I read where the manufacturer sugsuggest 9in.

I keep my cup up about 4 inch or I get a swimming pool of skim-mate I like the frothy foamy stuff almost to the point its dry paste but not quite if you know what I mean
but it stinks to high heaven

Back
Top Bottom