chem pure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame82

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a chem pure bag in my filter box for about 4 months. just wondering what anyone else thinks of this bag does it help, hurt or just useless. At the time i added the bag the lfs told me that it helps the tank out and the fish in it? Is this right or am i just better to throw this away???

It is a combination of carbon and ion exchange resins. I have a bag in my nano and plan to keep using it in it. This is the first time I have ever used it and feel that it is helpful, especially with the small sized tank I am using it in. HTH, Skip

I just put 2 bags of chem pure in my canister filter. It's the top thing in the canister and it's pretty squished in there now. Is that OK? Or does it require more room for filtration?

DJ

Well i am not sure mine is just in the media basket in my penguin filter box. i would assume so long as water flows through it that would be ok.

what brand name is it or what does it look like, i would like to get some for a bit more filtration in my system. TYIA

mine is just called chem-pure comes in a little jar and the its a mess bag when you pull it out you just have to give it a quick rinse and it read for use
hope that helps

what brand name is it or what does it look like, i would like to get some for a bit more filtration in my system.
It is called Chemi-Pure by Boyd Enterprises, INC. I have been very happy with this product. It does come in it's own mesh ag so it is easy to use. When you rinse it before the first use, make sure you use RO/DI water. It is so absorbant that is will putt the impurities out of the tap water and, thus, decrease it's life in the tank. Great product.

Back
Top Bottom