Chemicals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokiums

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've just order 80lbs of aqualcultured liverock. It's scheduled to arrive on Wed. and I was wondering what chemicals/additives you guys recommended to have on hand. I plan to ultimately build a reef tank. My 72Bow has been up for about a week.

Let me know what you guys think. Also, let me know if any of you have had any experience with aquacultured rock.

and I was wondering what chemicals/additives you guys recommended to have on hand

At this point with nothing but the LR, I would recommend salt and RO/DI water for water changes ;) All that will be necessary to maintain your chemical levels until you get some CA consumers...is frequent regular waterchanges. 10-20% every week to two weeks.

Some B-ionic is nice because any curing is going to make the water more acidic. The B-ionic will help keep it alkaline. Kalkwasser does the same thing.

10-20% of my entire body of water, refugium included, right?

I heard that Kalkwasser works very well.

Also, what temp should I keep the tank at and are there any tricks to acclimating so much rock?

Back
Top Bottom