Chemicals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I like some opinions advice, any one use nitrifying bacteria to help tank cycle. Or let mother nature take it's corse.

Some do some don't. I put some in when I first started my tank. Lfs buddy said to try it don't know if it worked or not. Lol didn't hurt tho so the option is yours.a little jump start wont hurt or just add some live rock. Think it was called fresh start.

I used the instant ocean bio spira. I also used only dry base rock for my tank. And as per advice from another member I waited till I saw nitrites and then added, my ammo hit about 4ppm and I cycled in about 3 weeks

I like some opinions advice, any one use nitrifying bacteria to help tank cycle. Or let mother nature take it's corse.

Best just drop in a raw shrimp and let nature take its course. Usually youll find the only time its used is for saltwater tanks with impatient owners. We are all guilty of impatience to some extent. Bottled bacteria can often times just be nutrients in a bottle basicly from rotting on store shelves.

So basicly in short you dont need it, and if used improperly such as without an ammonia source (fish) its useless. Also physically seeing the cycle through testing difficult.

i used stability and prime for 2 weeks every day while cycling my tank with 3 chromis in it

Back
Top Bottom