Chevron tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
The LFS just got one of these in and he is a great looking fish. But at a high price. I have heard that this fish becomes very ugly when it becomes an adult. Is this true? Also does anybody know how long they last in a aquarium? Its either a chevron or a purple tang and some other fish that im looking at, but unsure on what to get. Any thoughts?

Most of what I've read about the PT says that it should (like most zebrasoma) be the last addition to your tank (especially tang)

purple tangs will pick at your coral if they get hungry.

Purple tang is a zebrasoma, PB tang is an acanthurus. PB's are probably the most aggressive of all the tangs and should be added last.

I would go with the purple tang...a hardier fish IMO.

Powder blue is more agressive than the purple? That's suprising! My purple (in QT, none the less) slaps me silly when I clean inside of his cave! I can't imagine the PB being worse than THAT!

Well I did go ahead and pick a fish, but it was not a tang...LOL I checked out a few different LFS and found a Yellowbar angel. He is about 4 inchs. He was so pretty I could not say no. But he was a little high priced. I have him in my 20 gal QT now.

I found a picture of one. That's going to be one beautiful fish. Good luck with it! Please post when you have pics of him!

He is a very shy fish but he is eating very well.

Attachments

• angel_150.jpg
    angel_150.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom