circulation pomp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys.I have one quick question.For my display tank<90 gal> i use 55gal. tank for mixing salt and water.I do not have any circulation pomp in that 55.gal.I gues after mix the salt i should live it runing for a couple days before i transfer water to the display tank.What would you recommend?<koralia, maxijet> or something else?I do not see any of these in my LFS.Thanks!!!

You want some type of circulation pump in there to keep the water aerated. Point it towards the surface to cause a good ripple at the surface. Any pump will do... I just use a cheap maxijet in mine.

I use a MaxiJet in my 30 gallon mixing tank. I also use that pump to move the water to the main tank through a 10' section of hose. 24 hours is long enough for rmixing.

I agree that any ole pump will do. As stated above make sure that it is providing good surface aggitation.

i think it's weird that your LFS doesn't offer any powerhead or pump. have you asked the clerks? usually you can even get some sort of cheap powerhead or pump at someplace like walmart or something, and being that it's just to help you premix your water, it's not a big deal

Back
Top Bottom