Circulation problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csutton

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi im new to the forum and i see that everyone here always has great information, i am currently letting my 75 gallon reef aquarium cycle. I am using a marineland c-360 canister filter and 3 hydor koralia evolution 1050's. i was wondering where i should place my powerheads for the best circulation to eliminate dead spots. any suggestions of where to put them? any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance!!!

Hi, and welcome to the forum!!'

I keep my powerheads at opposite sides of the tank attached to the side glass. I aim them at each other and towards the rocks so it creates a chaotic flow. :)

Not sure where you would put the other PH, maybe on the side where your return isn't?

Hope that helped a bit!

yeah my return comes out right in the center of the back wall of the tank so im not sure how that would work out

In my new 125g I will be running 4 powerheads, I figure I'll put 2 on each side glass. Maybe you can messa round with them and see where the flow is needed most. When I put in fish food I can see how my flow goes based on where the food goes. LOL If it starts to build up anywhere theres a dead spot. Me and my stupid tests.

Maybe mount twop on one side, one near the back glass and one near the front glass, you have the depth on that tank to do that.

havent tried that yet but ill have to give it a shot. thank you carey!!!

haha ok ill put up a few tonight but whew dont judge it! still in the making!

It's the same as any forum, upload pictures to a web hosting site, photobucket for instance, then select the image code of the pic you want to display, copy and paste into your post.

Simples :)

Back
Top Bottom