Circulation pump placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeladawng

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got 2 Koralia 1050's today...put one on right back wall pointing towards front glass and the other I put on left side wall toward the back kinda pointing up at the surface for agitation. Do I have the right idea here? Had red on rocks over the weekend and blew it off and sucked up with a turkey baster and read that circulation helps keep it away.....

Attachments

• pump1.jpg
    pump1.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 259
  • pump 2.jpg
    pump 2.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 736
It's not an exact science. You'll have to play with them some and look when you feed to see if you have any dead spots where food collects. Then adjust as needed.

well my clownfish is playing in the current already....so fun to watch! I can see some of the sand on the bottom stirring around a little so there is movement going on....not sure what to look for as far as "dead spots"...I'm sure my rock is blocking some movement...who feels like taking a ride to Northeast Ohio to arrange it how it should be :lol:

angeladawng said:
well my clownfish is playing in the current already....so fun to watch! I can see some of the sand on the bottom stirring around a little so there is movement going on....not sure what to look for as far as "dead spots"...I'm sure my rock is blocking some movement...who feels like taking a ride to Northeast Ohio to arrange it how it should be :lol:

Well I'm in southeast Michigan, so I guess me. :) JK!! The dead spots are easier to spot when you feed. You'll see if food tends to collect in a certain place and kinda stay there. Can't really see dead spots when not feeding.

angeladawng said:

I'll take a ride and scape your tank and place the power heads for ya!! Long rode from NY though lol. Just get some flake food and throw it in the tank. Watch where they go, you'll be able to see the dead spots of any and then correct it.

That's what I did anyway and it worked.

Did the flake food test and don't have dead spots...WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! FINALLY got something right the first time!!!! If I wasn't so old and tubby, I'd turn a cartwheel right about now....food is flowing real fast on right side as I expected but is still floating around all over the left too...albeit slower, but still moving all over :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom