clam care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just traded some xenia for this clam and was wondering if anybody knows what kind it is?

Is it high light and can I leave it on the sand or should it be up higher?

its a 30 inch tall tank.

Thanks.

Don't normally purchase without reasearch but was dropping off the xenia and it caught my eye. Its pretty sweet.
http://www.naturecoastconsulting.com/images/tank/xenia&clam.jpg

High light. Hard to tell from picture but if it is less than 3" you will have to supplement its feeding.

When the clam is small you need to supplement its feeding by giving it phytoplankton. I usually get a baster and find out the water flow direction. Place the baster a inch or so away from the clam and let a small amount it the water column over a few minutes so the clam can filter it out. After they are roughly 3" they no longer need it. Sounds like yours is probably large enough that it does not need it.

yep, I got it.

I already dose for my other softies.
Got some new stuff from the LFS that is supposed to be DT's on roids. Its called phyto-feast. Anybody hear of it?

THanks for the help. Want the clam to thrive. Its up high now and open like a mo fo.

Back
Top Bottom