Clam Placement As well as new additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cj10488 said:
The guy who pulled it out of the tank was not that careful with it and probably injured it severly.. He kinda shook the hell out of it...
LOL.. Knowing that tidbit would have helped :p

The placement looks fine at the moment, especially given their size. The thing to watch for is when both are at their maximum polyp extention. That's when you will know if they need to be spaced more. Until they get larger it should not be a concern. Keep an eye on them though, branching LPS grow pretty fast.

Cheers
Steve

well the way the other guy pulled it out of the tank compared to that it was shaking the hell out of it.. I think it was because they were closing and he was a little bit more impatient about having it close up... I am still a little bit leary about this one as it hasnt opened up as of yet.. I moved it to the direct middle of the tank far away from anything... I am kinda getting a bit leary about the hammer coral as it hasnt opened up as of yet... If he was under Halides and then was moved under PC lighting would that play a factor as to him opening up yet??? I guess its just been every other LPS coral I have placed in the tank only took a Max of 4 hours to open up... The LFS said that they have had these for quite some time without any issues.. BTW they have great SPS frags at awesome prices... http://www.soutassaltwater.com/coral_frags.htm

TIA,
James

BTW they have a gonipora that has been in their tank for 4 months and looks really nice...

With 6x55w PC lighting you are just fine. If moving from a lower light intensity to a higher one it will affect most corals but if the other way round, LPS corals will usually extend their polyps more to capture additional lighting. I would give it time before you get nervous even though the first one went south. Just be sure the water flow is not to strong or it will not extend much either. They prefer enough to just brush the top area and cause the tentacles to sway.

Their SPS frags look good. I saw quite a few you could get once you are more comfortable with coral care.

cj10488 said:
BTW they have a gonipora that has been in their tank for 4 months and looks really nice...
Trust me, leave it there. :wink:

How did your alk problem pan out?

Cheers
Steve

The alk I believe is a faulty reagent.. Its a seachem kit and I tested the reference and got the same results.. It however now measures 5.5-6meq/l after a 10gal water change.. I as well went and got some Seachem Reef Complete calcium and added that to the tank.. CA should be at 410-420 right now... It was 400 earlier before I dosed it again for the day... I have been looking at alot of the SPS frags in the store and have only picked up 2 of them... A p tipped montipora digitada and a pink sytylophora pistillata.. My wife doesn't like the "Sticks" as she calls them but likes them when they are a nice colony... BTW I plan on leaving the gonipora there.. It will be kind of interesting to see it grow over time... The have some nice tank raised BTA's there as well that I have been looking at but am very hesitant on putting those in my tank at this time or at any time.. Dont want to lose the nice looking corals that I have been getting to an Anemone :)

TIA,
James

Back
Top Bottom