Clean up Crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEANS

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering what kind of inverts I should get for my 30g L reef tank. I don't want to get anything that will be aggressive towards my fish or inhabitants. I was thinking turbo snails for one, but I don't know what else to get. I like the emerald crab but I hear they can kill or damage your fish if you don't keep they happy and fed.

thanks for any suggestions!

ps. also include how many I need of each speciman please.

Turbos can knock over the lose rocks/frags.
I like nassarius, cerith and margarita snails. Maybe start out with 5-10 of each (start small, since there is not much for them to eat in newer tanks).
Maybe a cleaner or fire shrimp, sexy shrimp. In general, crabs can be crabby as they get larger.

Ok thanks alot I will prolly start with 5 of each and 1 cleaner shrimp. I already have a coral banded shrimp that I am going to introduce in my bigger tank when its cycled.

I appreciate your help.

The CBS can get pretty mean as they get larger....

really? On live aquaria it says they are peaceful?? :confused:

this is off nano-reef.com
"A CBS is a mean shrimp. They are omnivores and are very territorial. Your tank is over crowded at 6 fish for its size and the CBS most likely is reacting the way it is because it feels threatened by the fish encroaching on its territory. It also may sense that the tang is either diseased or weak and is thus trying to make a meal out of it."
help! problems with coral banded shrimp and blue hippo tang - Nano-Reef.com Forums

Ive read it a couple of times, never experianced it my self but i wouldnt take the chance of having a shrimp eat a fish, when its suppose to be the other way around

Back
Top Bottom