Clean up crew...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I started doing reefs, the only option for clean up crews were the scarlet hermits, blue leg hermits and turbo snails. Well the hermits would kill the snails for their shells and I'd have to keep buy new snails... I am not opposed to the "old" clean up crew, but since there are many different types to choose from now, I'm looking for suggestions for my new nano reef. 20L, 175W MH 2 X 28W PC. Any and all suggestion are appreciated.

Nano cleanup crew. I'll start :D

Polycheate, Terrebellid, and Cirratulid worms.
Strombus maculatus, Trochid, Nassarius, and Stomatella snails.
Gammarus Shrimp (Amphipods) and Mysid Shrimp.
Mini brittle stars and a Tiger Tail cuke.

Bang Guy said:
Nano cleanup crew. I'll start :D

This is great info, just what I was looking for... :D

Polycheate, Terrebellid, and Cirratulid worms.

These I know, as many as you can, or tank will support.

Strombus maculatus, Trochid, Nassarius, and Stomatella snails.

Any recommendations on how many of each for a 20L?

Gammarus Shrimp (Amphipods) and Mysid Shrimp.
Mini brittle stars and a Tiger Tail cuke.

Is there a number of mini brittles I should be looking for?

Thanks again....

I would start with 4 of each snail except only two Nassarius. 4 is normally enough to start a breeding population of the other snails. The Nassarius will occationally need to be replaced. I would also start with at least 4 of the mini-brittles and let the population naturally climb.

The Gammarus and Mysid you probably already have with your new live rock. Look for Stomatella at night, you just might already have enough from the Rock.

Bang Guy said:
The Gammarus and Mysid you probably already have with your new live rock. Look for Stomatella at night, you just might already have enough from the Rock.

I plan on starting my night diving tonight. It's really amazing how excited you can get just watching what is going to come out next.. :lol: . You never really appreciate how much you missed this, until you havn't been doing it for awhile.

haha

Kevins off the wagon again.

Welcome to RAA (Reefaholics Anonymous)

Thats ok. We glad your back into it.

Back
Top Bottom