Clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squantobeatinu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wanna get some info on a good group of cleaning crew for my 130 gallon tank it will be a reef tank anymore question please ask

A couple of the sponsors on here have a good selection of CUCs. I ordered a crew from Reef Cleaners last summer and got way more than I expected - most people recommend ordering for a much smaller than you actually have. They're a mixture of ceriths, dwarf ceriths, nerites, and nassarius. Reefs2Go also have a good selection of crews that mix in red and blue hermit crabs among other things. Most of the members in a CUC from those vendors will be reef safe, but double-check what's included before ordering.

I sent a spec on my tank to reef cleaners to see what they spec on my clean up crew can't wait to get it thanks for the heads up very helpful if anymore advice please let me know

Awesome, sounds good. With a 130g tank, I'd expect an absolute ton of snails :brows: A CUC makes a big difference, and also adds a little extra movement and life to a tank. Let us know how it works out.

If it were me id have 10 scarlet hermits 20 blue legs 5 white hermits 5 Halloween hermits 2 emerald crabs 2 ruby crabs 2 turbo snails 5 margarita snails 5 astrea snails 10 nerite snails 25 nessarius snails 25 sand sifting crabs 5 skunk cleaner shrimp 6 camel shrimp and a few pistol shrimp with gobies... That's just me though, I love a lot of diversity and action lol

CUC

I have a 20 gal long. My CUC consists of one turbo snail, one emerald crab, one sally lightfoot crab, and one peppermint shrimp. My daughter wants another emerald crab and my son wants a cleaner starfish of some type. Do I need a bigger CUC for a 20 gal long than what I have already?

I got my list of cuc today from reef cleaners I am happy with it I'm going buy as soon as I'm done cycling but I may add a little more Then what he says just to have different things in the tank thanks again for The recommendation

Cool, I'm sure they'll work out great.

YME13 - you could maybe add in some characters to your CUC, but do you feel like you need additional cleaning? I have more snails than I need, but I like the additional movement and character :) I feel like I've read that turbo snails are pretty good eaters and gobble up leftover food and some algae and so if you end up with too much in your CUC, they can go a little hungry - I'd research the needs of what you have first before seeing if you can sensibly support any more members.

Thanks fouldsy. I think we are just looking for more characters rather than for more CUC needs. Good point about them possibly going hungry. This is a new tank with minimal algae just starting to grow. I am already setting up a 30 gallon hexagon and after it cycles I will let the kids help pick a new CUC for it. :fish1:

I would suggest no hermits at all if you are getting snails. Even without snails, the hermits kill each other on a regular basis.

Well I'm about 3 days or so from tank finish cycling and I wanna know should I put the cuc in after it's done cycling or what should I do first

Back
Top Bottom