Clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dgso1036

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a question about a clean up crew. I have had my tank up for a month and have two blue/green chromis that I put in a week ago. When would it be ok to put a clean up crew in? Also suggestions on type and number of clean up crew for a 20gal tank with live rock and sand?

I'm pretty sure you can put the cc in any time. As far as what to put in a 20 gal I'm not sure. I suppose some hermit crabs for start.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What are you planning for as the end result of your tank? You don't really need a cuc per say, but personally i love all the extra life it brings to the tank

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I just bought my clean up crew. 5 margarita snails, 7 reef hermit, and 5 other snails I have no idea their name.

IMO, don't add any clean up crew until you really get it going in a few months. It's counter-productive to add extra food to feed a new aquarium that has no algae or uneaten food. Plus, take it easy on the crabs. Been there, done that!

Back
Top Bottom