Cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleveland Clowns

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is a good sand cleaner? I already have snails and crabs. I was hoping there is a cool fish that can clean the sand that i can not reach. Thanks

Increase the flow in your tank and you won't need to clean the sand. Try to adjust it so that detritus doesn't settle anywhere.
What size tank is this? There are watchman and sleeper gobies that sift the sand, but I'm not sure they are going to squeeze back in corners to do it.

Its a 37. The spaces are just tight enough not to fit my vacum. I tried the smallest ciculater I could find but it still kicks up the sand

If you increase the flow you never have to vacuum. I have never vacuumed any of my reef tanks. I don't mean aim a power head right at the sand, but increase the overall flow in the water column.
What are you using for flow now?

Also, you don't want a sand sifting fish if you are vacuuming out his food all the time.

I have a HOB Skimmer rated for 100g and a HOB fluval C4 rated for 75g. The skimmer is adjusted at a lower rate so i dont have micro bubbles. I was looking at a yellow watchman. what is the name of the shrimp that the watchman pairs up with.Thanks

You definitely need more flow in that tank. The watchman goby is not going to do the trick.
The shrimp is a pistol shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom